Red Nose Foundation’s mission is to support the educational and personal development of children living in underprivileged circumstances, and to promote the empowerment of youth through arts while assisting them to become positive contributors to society.
Red Nose Foundation strives to be the pioneering force behind creative education advocacy and rehabilitation. Red Nose Foundation offers a safe place for children to explore, experiment and be educated.
Red Nose Foundation currently works with 300 children offering over 75 hours of education and arts classes each week. Since 2008, Red Nose Foundation programming has affected over 75,000 children across Indonesia.
We are looking for an EDUCATION SUPERVISOR to be part of our Education Department team.
: Education Supervisor
Contract Date : min. 2 years contract
Application Deadline : February 20, 2016
1. Bachelor's degree in Education Management/Education Technology/Teaching with min. GPA of 3.0
2. At least 5 years of teaching and or management experience in an educational institution
3. Possess good knowledge and skill of creative teaching and alternative education activities
4. Creative and fun with strong leadership skills
5. Has experience of leading a team of at least four people
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft office and emails.
9. Willing to work 50 hours per week including weekend. The working hours will be on shift and the schedule will be vary every week
10. Have SIM A & C. Willing to drive a car/motorbike to/on the field
The Education Supervisor will work closely with the Education Director to ensure that the education field activities meet the students’ educational need and the foundation’s strategic mission. His/her basic responsibility is to supervise and oversee a team of six to eight teachers who teach Education and Art/Athletic Classes at Red Nose field activities center. The person will make sure that classes are conducted in accordance with Red Nose teaching and learning procedure policy, lesson plans, and schedule. S/he will report to Education Director and Artistic Director in a daily and weekly basis.
Daily Field Activity
1. Checking teachers lesson plan and teaching preparation before class
2. Act as the leader of teachers in conducting classes at Red Nose field center
3. Supervise and mentor teachers in conducting Science and Art class, English class, Vocational Class, and/or Circus class to be in accordance with RNF instructional programs
4. In coordination with Education Director, facilitating team problem solving and the monitoring of students’ academic success and behavioral problem.
5. Together with the team, communicating students progress to parents through home visit or written report.
6. Prepare a daily report of classes and report to the Education Director
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Admin Work
1. Checking teachers’ admin: progress report, attendance report, worksheets, lesson plans.
2. Prepare a weekly field activities report that includes students’ attendance and general evaluation of teaching and learning activities.
3. Prepare a weekly purchase request of education department and send to Education Director
4. Manage and update the documentation of: students progress report, grade records, attendance records, to make sure a neat and thorough records of students progress
1. Assist the Education Director with the development of curriculums of education or art programs
2. Together with the education team, planning field trips, students/parents’ seminar, or other students’ personal development programs
3. Together with Education Director, evaluate education programs’ effectiveness and proposing ideas of education programs that will benefit students.
How to Apply
1. Please send updated CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com
2. Application without text in the body of email will not be processed.
3. Red Nose Foundation is a unique organization; please take time to visit our website www.rednosefoundation.org before applying for this position.