: Strategic Services Officer
Proposed Dates : 1 February 2016 -31 January 2017
: 1 year
BackgroundUnited Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) isthe biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), with its Secretariat based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments,and is the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people -more than half of the world population - and incorporates fasteconomically developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, networks and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and associations. UCLG ASPAC also represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social, and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development, such as poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment, as well as good governance.
UCLG ASPAC is looking to hire a Strategic Service Officer (SSO) for a period of one (1) year, with a possible extension to support the Strategic Services Division in implementing the planned activities, and in improving the outreach and effectiveness of the Division.
Objectives and goals:
- To provide assistance in developing strategies, and implementing programs and activities.
- To provide assistance in conducting research related to local governance.
To support outreach efforts to DELGOSEA (a program on good governance), and to promote other UCLG ASPAC activities to members, potential members, and partners.
Scope of Work/Key Duties:
The key duties and activities of this role are:
- Update and maintain the database of partners and donor agencies.
- Contribute to the planned and ongoing researches for program development.
- Assist in program and project implementation, as well as monitoring and evaluation.
- Be responsible for day-to-day operation of DELGOSEA, including administration and reporting.
- Networking and liaising with partners and potential members.
6. Developing and producing information for the strategic services department for the website, publications, and social media.
7. Perform other duties as required from time-to-time by the Strategic Services Manager and/or the Secretary General.
Special Requirements of the Assignment:
1. Minimum Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline (relevant experience may substitute the relevant degree).
2. Minimum 3 (three) years experience in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies, and/or development partners.
- Excellent communication and writing skills (English; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia an asset).
- Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills.
- Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities.
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Considerable domestic and international travel may be required.
- Updated database of donors and partners
- Implemented planned activities and reporting including DELGOSEA
- Written and/or published articles in UCLG ASPAC’s media outreach
- Research or concept papers on relevant issues prioritized by UCLG ASPAC
The post will be supervised by the Strategic Services Manager.
please submit your application with expecting your salary to :firstname.lastname@example.org with subject email : SSO-your name before February 10th 2016