The ASEAN German-Programme on Response to Climate Change in Agriculture and Forestry (GAP-CC) is a programme that commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in close cooperation with the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC), aims at improving the framework conditions for sustainable agriculture and forestry in ASEAN Member States. GAP-CC is a project that aims at improving the framework conditions for sustainable agriculture and forestry in ASEAN Member States. GAP-CC is comprised of two projects designed to achieve the program objective: the Sustainable Agrifood Systems project (SAS) based in Bangkok, and the Forestry and Climate Change project (FOR-CC) based in Jakarta.
FOR-CC is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
OFFICE MANAGER (a staffing position)
- Ensuring the necessary office conditions (internal service organisation, office materials, logistics, information and communication flow) for efficient working procedures in the project;
- Organizing and steering administration tasks for the technical project team including secretariat support particularly to the superior;
- Maintaining a good work relationship between the project, the GIZ-Office in Jakarta, and other GIZ-offices and projects;
- Keeping updated and completed the project's document files in the local project's filing system and in DMS in line with GIZ's filing rules.
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
1. Office coordination and management
- Coordinates and organises the internal services for the functioning of the project (driver, communication services, delivery of materials etc.)
- Organises and maintains the project's logistic and equipment required for the functioning of the daily work procedures and for particular meetings and events
- Coordinates the daily administrative processes of the project/programme in close cooperation and division of labour with the project's finance professional and the superior.
- Supports the internal communication and coordination incl. agreed time schedules, meeting reports, absences and leave planning etc.
2. Secretariat work and services
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email);
- Supports the scheduling and administrative work (duty trips, reports, GlZ-internal communication) of the superior and of the technical staff;
- Prepares and organises information, materials and other supports to events or activities on behalf of the technical staff;
- Participates in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assists with documenting these, e.g. by taking minutes;
- Manages leave requests for contracted experts and keeps the internal leave monitoring updated
- Assists in administrative processes of the project as needed and agreed with the financial expert and the superior;
- Creates and maintains updated a filing system for the office (electronic and hardcopies) and treats information confidentially, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance;
- Maintains the inventory list for the office/project/programme;
4. Contract management (Local consultants/consulting firm contracts)
- prepares contracts and Sanction/EU Black list;
- coordinates with technical staff for consultants/consulting company regarding the progress of the assignment and ensure timesheet, confirmation of service, invoice, and report are available before executing the payments;
- monitors terms of payments of contracts and ensures the payments are according to the contracts and GIZ regulations;
- files and updates documents of contracts (original contracts, CVs, Honorarium index, proposed budget etc.) with the same standard of GOJ’s file;
- ensures the confirmation service (Leistungbestätigung) is signed by the Principal Advisor/Team Leader
5. General tasks
- Interprets and translates as required
- Organizes and coordinates project support staff (driver, IT-Expert) on behalf of the superior
- Supports in organizing workshops, training and other events according to the project's operational plan
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of the superior
- Maintains an efficient and trust based working relationship with the colleagues form other projects and the GIZ-Office
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant specialisation and qualification in business administration desirable (equivalent of BA or MBA)
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, CMS and publishing software);
- Language proficiency in English both oral and written, ideally knowledge of German.
- Proactive communicator, good management and organisational skills.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected to Join: Mid March 2016
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 8 February 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: FOR-CC – OM
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.