SEARCH FOR COMMON GROUND INDONESIA
Reducing Recruitment and Recidivism of Violent Extremists in Indonesia Program
Search for Common Ground Indonesia, a non-profit, independent, secular, non-government organization dedicated to conflict transformation, is seeking a conflict resolution and community development professional to work as a Program Officer on one of our education and religious tolerance programs.
Search for Common Ground Indonesia is a representative office of Search for Common Ground (SFCG), whose mission is to transform how individuals, organisations and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG’s headquarters are in Washington, DC USA and Brussels, Belgium.
Background of the project
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) Indonesia is implementing a two-year project entitled‘Reducing the Recruitment and Recidivism of Violent Extremists in Indonesia’. Indonesia faces an ongoing challenge to both prevent the recruitment of at-risk youth into networks of violent extremists and to reduce the risk of recidivism amongst convicted extremists. Building on its extensive experience working with at-risk Indonesian youth and the Indonesian corrections system, SFCG will address these challenges by facilitating student initiatives to prevent recruitment of at-risk youth using creative media and by empowering Indonesian government services in supporting successful reintegration. The project will also coach parole officers to engage communities in the reintegration of violent extremists post-release.
1. Progam Officer (PO)
POSITION : Program Officer (PO)
LOCATION : Jakarta (with extensive travel to other regions)
CONTRACT PERIOD : 12 Months
START DATE : ASAP
STATUS : Full Time
- Program planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Support development of religious tolerance and peacebuilding content program
- Conduct and facilitate training for peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Maintain positive relationships with relevant stakeholders (government, NGOs, community, donors, etc).
- Funding and financial management
- Participate in new program development, and help with coordination of program meetings and program planning.
- 3-5 years experience in project implementation
- Experience in organizing and programming
· Possess facilitation/training skills and experience
· Experience with religious tolerance, conflict transformation, and peacebuilding issues
· Experience in developing curriculum and content for educational purposes
- Experience in conflict management and resolution techniques
- Excellent multi-cultural communication skills; NGO/INGO experience a plus
- Possesses strong initiative; able to work independently and as member of a team
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Internet and email
- Creative, innovative, hard-worker
- Fluent in Indonesian and English. Desire to travel
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter (including salary history) to Pramita Handayani,email@example.com no later than 4 February 2016 by 5pm. Please include the header “PO-CVE” in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.