SEARCH FOR COMMON GROUND INDONESIA
DESA: Enhancing Equal Citizen Participation in Indonesian Village Development Project
Search for Common Ground Indonesia, a non-profit, independent, secular, non-government organization dedicated to conflict transformation, is seeking a conflict resolution and community development professional to work as a Program Officer on one of our civil society organization programs.
The overall objective of the action is to enhance citizen involvement in gender sensitive budget planning in local authorities at the village level. This will be achieved by the following specific objectives:
a) To increase the capacity of local Civil Society Organizations to strengthen citizens participation in all phases of public budget processes in a gender sensitive way;
b) To improve the capacity of citizens and local village leaders to engage constructively in a gender sensitive, public budget process.
Search for Common Ground Indonesia is a representative office of Search for Common Ground (SFCG), whose mission is to transform how individuals, organisations and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG’s headquarters are in Washington, DC USA and Brussels, Belgium.
Progam Officer (PO)
POSITION : Program Officer (PO)
LOCATION : Jakarta and frequent travel to Bali, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), West Java
CONTRACT PERIOD : 12 Months (with possibility to extent)
START DATE : 01 March 2016
STATUS : Full Time
- Program planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Support development of religious tolerance and peacebuilding content program
- Conduct and facilitate training for peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Maintain positive relationships with relevant stakeholders (government, NGOs, community, donors, etc).
- Funding and financial management
· Participate in new program development, and help with coordination of program meetings and program planning.
- 2-4 years experience in project implementation
- Experience in organizing and programming
· Possess facilitation/training skills and experience
· Experience with religious tolerance, conflict transformation, and peacebuilding issues
· Experience in finance for educational purposes
- Experience in civil society organization establishment techniques
- Experience in knowledge regarding the budgetary cycle, the budget planning process, and gender-based budgeting
- Excellent multi-cultural communication skills; NGO/INGO experience a plus
- Possesses strong initiative; able to work independently and as member of a team
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Internet and email
- Creative, innovative, hard-worker
- Fluent in Indonesian and English. Desire to travel
Please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter (including salary history) to Pramita Handayani,email@example.com no later than 4 February 2016 by 5pm. Please include the header “PO” in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.