Yayasan Rumah Energi (YRE) was established on 19 November 2012 within the framework of the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme (IDBP/BIRU), a program lead by HIVOS. The establishment of YRE is part of program strategy to enhance ownership of local actors of biogas program. YRE as an implementing partner of BIRU and trusted partner of EBTKE, is aim to lead the biogas sector in Indonesia and will playing significant role in promoting energy security with gender equality and women empowerment fully integrated.
YRE has become an implementing partners of BIRU since November 2012. Built on BIRU, in 2015 Hivos took YRE and WUR (Wageningen University and Research Centre) as consortium member and developing a project called Gathering and Dissemination of Information and Green Knowledge for Sustainable Integrating Farming Workforce. The project was kicked off in September 2015, with expecting outcomes include :
• The integrated farming and waste management systems based on the optimized use of bio-digestate and high-nutrient Lemna (duckweed) as organic fodder and fertilizer are adopted by the workforce members including women beneficiaries and vulnerable groups
• The enabling policy environment for gender-responsive energy product with sustainable agriculture and aquaculture is established
Business Development Officer (based in Lombok NTB)
Role and Responsibilities
Supervised by GADING Project Manager and in close coordination with Organic Fertilizer Specialist and Organic Farming Officer, the Business Development Officer will promote entrepreneurship and market linkage into GADING Program through training, capacity building and provision of inputs for the formulation and implementation of business expansion plans
The scope of work (responsibility) of the Business Development Officer includes:
- Improved human skills and capacity of the workforce members including women beneficiaries and vulnerable groups to adopt integrated farming and waste management system
1.2. Build capacity of the biogas owner, CPO and organic farming group to develop concrete market plans and help create systems and linkages with appropriate output markets. Provide training and hand-holding support to these organizations as necessary.
1.3. Guiding the formulation and implementation of business plans, assume a lead role in conducting market research and assessment studies, designing and imparting project trainings business and enterprise development and marketing;
1.4. Explore opportunities for linking supported beneficiary groups with key market players on the demand side (i.e. organic products, supermarket, etc).);
1.5. Assist in designing and disseminating technical trainings in agriculture/aquaculture production, organic product development, bio-slurry market development
1.6. Ensure that support women groups develop and maintain recommended standards at all stages of production
1.7. Provide on-going management and technical assistance to beneficiaries in agriculture/aquaculture cultivation through structured trainings and follow up monitoring and on-farm extension;
1.8. Frequently monitoring project activities and target women groups and collect quantitative and qualitative data on beneficiaries, market trends and project impact;
2. Enabling policy environment developed for gender-responsive green growth and sustainable production
2.1. Assist the Project Manager to disseminate the knowledge of bio-slurry and Lemna to government agencies and to build capacity for education institutes.
2.2. Assist the Project manager for policy advocacy at the national, provincial and district level
3. Assist to a reasonable extend the BIRU-GADING Project Manager and YRE in additional tasks as requested such as gender integration into the research and survey process of Gold Standard Certification, Biogas User Survey etc.
Requirements and Skills
- A minimum of Bachelor degree in economic studies, agriculture, business or other relevant studies. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working in rural development, practicing community engagement approach
- Practical experience with concepts for agriculture and livelihoods programming.
- Willingness to live and resides in Lombok
- Prepared to spend 30% of time for travel at least to four different provinces.
- Familiarity with financial services, enterprise development and market based approaches to Livelihoods.
- Able to develop and maintain good relationships with government, private sector, non-government organization, and civil society organizations
- Experience in preparing and conducting training
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good command of English and Indonesian communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including internet and e-mail.
Applicants should send their application and CV (including three references) in pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position code as email subject. Applications are requested by 22 January 2016 at the latest; thereafter the position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information please see www.biru.or.id
HRD Yayasan Rumah Energi Jalan Pejaten Barat 30A Ragunan PAsar Minggu Jakarta Selatan 12550, Indonesia Fax. +62-21-780 4443 Eemail@example.com