The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Green Economy and Locally Appropriate Mitigation in Indonesia (GE-LAMA-I) works in six districts in two provinces i.e. East Kalimantan and Central Java. It is a joint program by the National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS) and GIZ. In implementing this development cooperation project, GIZ is collaborating with the World Agroforestry Center (ICRAF) on behalf of the German Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB). GE-LAMA-I supports the commitment of the Indonesian government mitigating climate change in land based sector by strengthening the sub-national governments (particularly districts) to plan and monitor green economy development (which include low carbon development objectives) and to develop four locally appropriate mitigation actions (LAMA) that have the potential to be scaled up to national level (NAMA). Two of the four LAMAs are being developed in Central Java; these are: Climate smart agriculture in rice cultivation (Smart Rice) and Agroforestry for degraded land rehabilitation (Agroforestry).
GE-LAMA-I is structured into three work packages which are closely interlinked:
· Work Package 1: to develop policies at national and sub-nationals to support LAMA/NAMA development and green economy planning, mainstreaming and monitoring
· Work Package 2: to develop the institutional capacity of the sub nationals to develop LAMA/NAMA and to plan, mainstream and monitor green economy development at local level
· Work Package 3: to develop tools and methods that can help the local governments to plan and monitor green economy plan and LAMA/NAMA development in participatory way.
GE-LAMA-I is seeking a qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Junior Accounting Professional
Based in Joint Administration Office GE-LAMA-I & FORCLIME Samarinda
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All cash transactions in the Joint Administration Office in Samarinda;
- Collecting, preparing and following up of the monthly accounting reports in the Joint Administration Office in Samarinda;
- Providing administrative services for the program.
1. Cash Management
- Collects and prepares proper receipts;
- Prepares and processes cash payment with value up to IDR 1 Mio. or in exceptional cases above this threshold subject to approval from Office Manager;
- Record daily transaction into WINPACCS software according to GIZ accounting principles and on a daily basis;
- Cash management related to inflow and outflow of money from the bank, its administrative procedures, and reconciliation;
- Ensure that Random Cash Checks are done and documented;
- Follow up of monthly Checklist A (“Error Sheet”), Internal Control results and Third Party Receivables (TPR);
- Prepares vouchers and needed supporting documents;
- Prepares budget requests for cash managements and ensures smooth cash transactions and sufficient provision of cash in the Joint Administration;
- Ensures the separation of funds from different funding sources and splits expenses where appropriate and economically reasonable;
- Maintains the filing for financial records confidentially.
2. Joint Administration Support
- Mobile Phone bills related cash transactions;
- Support in calculation for travel expenses on official journey for project staff/counterpart (national) and its settlement;
- Logbook monitoring and fuel purchase related accounting matters;
- Cash Advance settlements;
- Correspondence for the projects, meeting arrangements and meeting/event support on demand;
- Medical bill calculation related support;
- Contact database;
- BAST related support;
- Deputy to Junior Administrative Professional.
3. Procurement & Inventory
- Purchase office equipment and supplies up to 1 Mio. IDR or on request of the management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least Bachelor in accounting and auditing or similar area;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position;
- Knowledge of accounting software such as WINPACCS software.
- Excellent working knowledge of IT technologies and applications (e.g. MS Office, Excel, etc.);
- Proficiency in English language both written and spoken;
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures is agreed with management.
Duty Station: Samarinda
Direct Supervisor: Office Manager Join Administration Office Samarinda
Start of assignment: 1 March 2016
Interested candidates should submit the motivation letter, CV, trainings and list of references (max. 500 kb), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: GE LAMA I - JAP
The closing date to submit the application letter is on 14 February 2016.