ISEAN-Hivos – HIV/AIDS Round 10
EoI No.: I-84 ISEAN-Hivos-GF-R10-HIV/AIDS
Issuance Date: February 3, 2016
ISEAN-Hivos-GF-R10-HIV/AIDS – Consultant to conduct an operational research and documentation of good practices of MSM-TG CBOs in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste show an increasing trend of HIV prevalence among men who have sex with men (MSM) and Transgender people (TG). In all four countries, national HIV strategies and plans identify MSM and TG as priority groups and outline strategies to provide targeted HIV services. Widespread stigma and discrimination due to cultural and religious norms imply that MSMs and TGs are marginalized and are difficult to reach through existing HIV–related government services. This has also resulted to MSMs and TGs having limited opportunities to be organized or have a “voice” in local, national and regional policy making and service delivery. Data and research about risks and vulnerabilities to guide interventions for MSMs and TGs are also very limited.
Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant, is looking for a capable consultant to conduct an Operational Research to identify good practices in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste (Specific topics required for each country). Specifically, the following will be provided by the consultant to address the Grant’s requirements:
- Develop a research proposal and work plan;
- Develop a1 day training program for Qualitative Research
- Conduct a thorough review of literature on the topic, focusing on South East Asia;
- Conduct study visits to Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste to identify good practices, gather information and document best practices during implementation of IHP phase 2.
- Develop output from data gathered, expected outputs are:
- Narrative/book form – at least 5 good practice stories/country
- Develop a series of draft reports and a final report;
- Coordinate with the ISEAN Hivos Program in the dissemination and/or publication of results;
- Established expertise and academic background in operational research, especially focusing on HIV;
- Established experience in written publication, photography and video outputs;
- Preferably with demonstrable track record of research publications related to HIV, health and development;
- Preferably a resident of South East Asia (if an individual consultant)
- With experience in conducting researches in one of the ISEAN-Hivos countries;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Preferably familiar with the language of the 4 countries.
- Preferably with experience working with Global Fund Programs.
The selected Consultant will be engaged for a minimum of 25 days distributed within a two months period and to start in February, 2016.
Applications from consultants based outside Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines will not be accepted.
An Expression of Interest (EoI) letter, together with the applicant’s CV must be sent to the email below by 10th February 2016 at 17:00 hrs. Jakarta Western Indonesia Time:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <EoI code><your name>
Examples: < ISEAN IHP I-15>-<Name>
Based on the initial set of EoIs, applicants will be formally invited to complete their application through the submission of a concept note and indicative work plan. Only shortlisted applicants will receive a reply.