ISEAN-Hivos–HIV/AIDS Round 10
I-85 : ISEAN-Hivos -GF-R10-HIV/AIDS
Issuance Date: February 3, 2016
Phase 2 PR-Program Management Unit
ISEAN-Hivos-GF-R10-HIV/AIDS –“Strengthening community systems to reduce vulnerability to and impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Islands of Southeast Asia”
Seeking Individual Consultant to develop research tools and conduct training on research and data analysis for community based organizations.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly implemented the ISEAN Hivos Program (IHP) supported by Global Fund Round 10. This program has the main goal of reducing the risks, vulnerability and impact of HIV and AIDS on the lives of MSM and transgender community in Island Southeast Asia Nations. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs.
Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant under the ISEAN-Hivos Program Global Fund Round 10 is now on its Phase 2 of implementation from October, 2013 to September, 2016. In this last year of implementation, IHP will conduct:
- Quantitative Research on Effectiveness of ICT Strategy on Behavior Change
- In-country (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Timor Leste) training on Research Method and Data Analysis
In this regard, it is seeking Expressions of Interest from qualified Individual Consultants to apply for the following tasks:
- Develop necessary quantitative research tools on the Effectiveness of ICT Strategy on Behavior Change.
- Develop training program for three days training on Research Method and Data Analysis
- Conduct a three days training on Research Method and Data Analysis in consultant’s own country.
- Established experience in Research Method and Data Analysis;
- Experience in developing quantitative research tools or questionnaires;
- Ability to develop a training program and conduct a training
- A resident of Indonesia, Malaysia, or the Philippines;
- Familiarity with HIV- AIDS, development support and community-based capacity building initiatives;
- Strong experience in working with HIV Vulnerable Groups, particularly the Gay, MSM and Transgender People (GMT);
- Experience in engaging and working with local MSM and TG Community Based Organizations (CBOs), particularly in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Timor Leste;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Preferably familiar with the ISEAN Hivos Program and partners;
Applications from consultants based outside Indonesia, Malaysia, and the Philippines will not be accepted.
Interested and qualified consultants or organizations are requested to send their letter of expression of interest and profile/CV on/or before February 10, 2016 17:00 hrs. Jakarta Western Indonesia Time to (Kindly put the EoI number and title as your email subject):
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for the additional documents to be submitted. Those short listed will be required to undergo an assessment process and interview.