Management systems international, inc
StrengtHening Integrity and accountability program 1 (SIAP 1)
Terms of Reference
: Cameraman for video documentary
Name of Activities : Best Practice of Local Government Management
Working Period : March – May 2016
Languages Required : English/Indonesian
Background and Objectives
Local governments have the obligation of providing a safe environment, operating in an efficient manner, balancing budgets, implementing varying levels of citizen engagement, and providing efficient services. In early 2016, SIAP 1 will engage in a limited pilot activity to identify, collect, and share best practices of several local governments with the aim of being able to replicate them in other locations, especially as there will be more than 250 new elected leaders by April 2016.
MSI-SIAP 1 will produce a video documentation that will be disseminated to those leaders but not limited to public. The documentary is expected to encourage the leaders to implement good governance and for the public to support the government to do so. Therefore, MSI-SIAP 1 seeks to hire a cameraman for a documentary film, along with other team members individual to provide a video documentary to further support the dissemination of the best practices in local governments. The individuals will work in close coordination with MSI-SIAP1 team and one of the GOI agencies, who will review the work before final changes are accepted.
The objectives of this project are to:
1. Document the methodology and the transformation process of how the leading local governments apply its best practices
2. Emphasize visual concept of how the leading local governments are able to overcome their challenges
The Documentary production will be conducted in March – May. The cameraman’sscope of works is as follows:
- Assist the film director in brainstorming ideas and conducting initial research desk study
- Responsible that the actual filming of shots are framed and lit properly
- Follow the instructions of the director
- Ensuring recording levels for filming are all of a very good quality
- Work closely with the director and editor to determine what b-roll, pick up shots, cutaways, archival or reconstructed footage is needed to match soundbytes
- Individual/professional services
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts in graphic, visual means
- The cameraman must have own production equipments (camera, clip on, etc)
- Experience creating compelling and appealing video documentary/film
- Ability to work in a team, fast-paced environment with enforced deadlines
- Video documentations in raw, HD, and DVD format.
- The final result of films will be owned by MSI SIAP 1 and KPK and the selected offeror will be responsible to give up the production and distribution rights to MSI-SIAP 1.
Applicants are requested to send following documents to MSI SIAP-1:
· CV/ Resume and Portfolio
· Budget estimation (all inclusive)
· Please indicate “Cameraman” as the subject of your email addressed email@example.com no later than February 27, 2016