Management Systems International, Inc
Strengthening Integrity and Accountability Program 1 (SIAP 1)
Terms of Reference
: Film director for video documentary
Name of Activities : Best Practice of Local Government Management
Working Period : March – May 2016
Languages Required : English/Indonesian
Background and Objectives
Local governments have the obligation of providing a safe environment, operating in an efficient manner, balancing budgets, implementing varying levels of citizen engagement, and providing efficient services. In early 2016, SIAP 1 will engage in a limited pilot activity to identify, collect, and share best practices of several local governments with the aim of being able to replicate them in other locations, especially as there will be more than 250 new elected leaders by April 2016.
MSI-SIAP 1 will produce a video documentation that will be disseminated to those leaders but not limited to public. The documentary is expected to encourage the leaders to implement good governance and for the public to support the government to do so. Therefore, MSI-SIAP 1 seeks to hire a documentary film director, along with other team members individual to provide a video documentary to further support the dissemination of the best practices in local governments. The individuals will work in close coordination with MSI-SIAP1 team and one of the GOI agencies, who will review the work before final changes are accepted.
The objectives of this project are to:
1. Document the methodology and the transformation process of how the leading local governments apply its best practices
2. Emphasize visual concept of how the leading local governments are able to overcome their challenges
The Documentary production will be conducted in March – May. The film director’s scope of works is as follows:
- Brainstorming ideas and conduct initial research desk study that will include interviews with related stakeholders, field visit to the benchmarked cities, and other methods of research
- Create a production schedule, including filming permissions and arrangement
- Create a script outline and a storyboard
- The film director must ensure that the film contains information that is beneficial to the targeted audience (mayors/regent) and not limited to the public
- Include the most essential information to include video graphic, the city profile, testimony, etc
- Ensuring recording levels for filming are all of a very good quality
- Work closely with other team members for the film completion
- Take over all responsible for the completion of the film within the limited timeline and until final changes are accepted by SIAP 1 and the GOI agency
- Individual/professional services
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts in graphic, visual means
- Experience creating compelling and appealing video documentary/film
- Ability to work in a team, fast-paced environment with enforced deadlines
- Video documentations in raw, HD, and DVD format.
- The final result of films will be owned by MSI SIAP 1 and KPK and the selected offeror will be responsible to give up the production and distribution rights to MSI-SIAP 1.
Applicants are requested to send following documents to MSI SIAP-1:
· CV/ Resume and Portfolio
· Budget estimation (all inclusive)
· Please indicate “Film Director” as the subject of your email addressed firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 27, 2016