JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Program Associate – Supply Chain Management. This position will be based in Jakarta.
“My Choice” project is a two-and-a-half-year project designed to contribute to the Government of Indonesia’s family planning goal to increase the nation’s mCPR (modern Contraceptive Prevalence Rate) by addressing barriers to supply and demand issues in 11 districts aligned with the Indonesian government’s priorities. JSI as a sub-contractor to the Johns Hopkins University Center for Communication Programs (JHU-CCP) is implementing the contraceptive supply chain management component of this project that will support demand generation and access to family planning (FP) services by ensuring the availability of a range of contraceptive methods at Districts and the network of FP Service Delivery Points in the selected districts. The project is being implemented in four provinces – North Sumatra, Central Java, South Sulawesi and DKI Jakarta.
The Program Associate for supply chain management will be required to be based in Jakarta and this position would require considerable travel to the field, specifically the selected project districts. This position will report to the National Program Officer. Under the guidance of the National Program Officer (NPO), the Program Associate is responsible for a variety of programmatic, planning andimplementation activities to support the project’s overall goals and provide technical assistance in the area of supply chain management.
- Will provide support as required to advance the project’s intervention activities in supply chain management through innovative and strategic implementation initiatives according to the organization’s compliance standards
- Assist the NPO inr the operational coordination of project activities and delivery of results, in accordance with the project work plans and other project activities
- Maintain the family planning supply chain database: update the database regularly, conduct data analysis, generate reports and ensure its functionality continues to supports the needs of BKKBN, as well as current or potential project activities. Train and support project staff and stakeholders on the use of the database.
- Conduct monitoring and supportive supervision visits to project sites. Compile monitoring and supportive supervision data regularly from all provinces to track project indicators and provide feedback to other project staff on the project’s progress especially related to quality and timeliness of implementation.
- Assist in preparing materials and presentations for meetings or training's
- Follow up the activities progress with Provincial Program Officers
- Participate in various family planning and inter sectoral forums/working groups at all levels representing the supply chain component
- Maintain and support relationships and communications with related government agency, partners and other key stakeholders important to theproject’s programmatic work
- Assist and function as back up to the NPO to support the program
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERTISE DESIRED
- University degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, Logistic Management, Business management or related field
- At least five years experience in implementing programs, including at least two years in supply chain management. Experience working with public health programs is highly desired – in particular public health commodities and logistics/supply chain management.
- Prior work experience in a non-profit organization or donor funded project is a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with BKKBN and the family planning program is strongly desired.
- Excellent analytical ability, written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare and present information related to public health and supply chains.
- Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, in particular, Word, PowerPoint, Excel (required)
- Ability to manage complex processes and track activities and outcomes to successful conclusion; ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and excellent written and spoken English is required
- Comfortable with small team environment, work both independently with minimal supervision and effectively as part of a team member.
- Ability to travel to the field to support activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit an application including CV, cover letter and three professional references to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline for submission is February 15, 2016.