The Coral Triangle Initiative – on Coral Reef, Fisheries and Food Security (CTI–CFF) is a multilateral partnership of six countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Solomon Islands, and Timor-Leste) working together to sustain the region’s rich marine and coastal resources. The CTI-CFF is managed through a Regional Secretariat based in Manado, Indonesia.
The CTI-CFF is seeking for experienced individual for the following positions to help strengthen the operations and implementation of the CTI-CFF goals and targets which is to address crucial issues particularly on food security, climate change, and marine biodiversity. These positions will serve as an integral member of the senior management team that will play a lead role in the design and technical implementation of program activities.
1. Responsible for providing marine resource technical services to the Parties for promoting the work of CTI–CFF and any other decisions as may be agreed by the CT6 member countries.
2. Undertake work with the Regional Secretariat of the CTI–CFF to carry out priority tasks associated with the developing and managing programs for the implementation of the Regional Plan of Action (RPOA).
The Deputy Executive Director for Program Services is mainly responsible for:
1. Liaise, and develop networks between CTI–CFF, and CTI Partners and other stakeholders
2. Facilitate the inclusion of cross cutting issues into CTI–CFF Programs.
3. Manage public relations, outreach and marketing.
4. Facilitate mobilization of resources.
5. Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of CTI–CFF programs.
6. Coordinate capacity development activities in support of CTI–CFF programs and goals.
7. Coordinate information and knowledge management relevant to CTI–CFF programs and goals.
8. Support the Executive Director of CTI–CFF Regional Secretariat to undertake tasks which are mandated in the deliverable, and endorsed in SOM to achieve the goals of RPOA.
9. Conduct and participate in consultation meetings, dialogues, workshops with relevant groups and stakeholders in support of the implementation of the RPOA.
10. Provide facilitation, secretariat support and work with respective TWGs to ensure their activities are aligned with overall CTI–CFF regional priority of actions and facilitate confirmation of indicators, setup baseline measures and funnel country or TWG reports into the Monitoring and Evaluation database system for data storage and report generation.
11. Coordinate with the National Coordinating Committees (NCCs) of Coral Triangle countries (CT6) in identifying and conducting relevant technical working preparations.
12. Assist the Working Group chairs and members in preparing, sharing and consolidating necessary documents such as but not limited to progress reports, work plans of priority actions, decision memos for consideration among others, including use of online and virtual information sharing tools.
13. Prepare and organize knowledge products and other collateral materials to be used for the regional exchanges, training, including but not limited to Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) and Ministerial Meeting (MM).
14. Provide support as may be required by the Regional Secretariat i.e. preparation of reports, presentation materials, decision documents and the like.
1. Well running and highly coordinated the Technical Working Groups.
2. Implementation of Regional Plan of Actions effectively executed by the Technical Working Groups.
Coordination and Reporting
1. The applicant will report directly to the Executive Director of CTI–CFF Regional Secretariat in the daily implementation and completion of the services and deliverable outlined in TOR.
2. The applicant is expected to work closely with Deputy Executive Director of Corporate Services of CTI–CFF.
1. Preferably a Master’s Degree or higher in relevant Management, and Natural Resource Management.
2. Minimum 10 years’ experience in project development and/or experience in overseeing programs with significant socio-economic impact.
3. Resource mobilization and effective resource management and/or project management skills.
4. Outreach capacity to program owners and funders.
5. The candidate would have held leadership roles and demonstrated his/her ability to advocate for effective solutions.
6. Ability to conceptualize and convey strategic vision from the spectrum of development experience.
7. Effective capacity to survive program implementation, ensure timely results from field and CTI–CFF Regional Secretariat and implementing partners.
8. Well-developed people management skills.
9. Effectiveness orientation and pro-activity.
10. Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skill.
11. Demonstrated negotiating, cultural sensitivity and diplomatic skills.
Period of Performance
1. The period of performance will be annual basis and commences on the Commencement Date.
2. Competitive salary commensurate with qualification jobs.
Submission of Application
1. Interested applicants are required to submit an application letter and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission dateline: 29 February 2016.
with the subject line in this format "DED-PS".