Kopernik connects simple technology with last mile communities to reduce poverty.
Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting edge organisation that’s tackling technology distribution challenges in Indonesia. Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile and have a strict no jerks policy.
We are currently recruiting a highly talented and motivated Program Officer to work with us to implement our Wonder Women Western Indonesia program. The successful candidate will work with our teams based in Ubud, Bojonegoro, Tuban and North Aceh and report to the Program Manager.
The ‘Wonder Women’ women’s economic empowerment initiative supports women to become technology sales agents who sell simple technologies such as solar lights, water filters and cookstoves in their communities. The women participate in a program that builds their skills and confidence to succeed as micro-social entrepreneurs. The women boost their income through technology sales and expand access to eco-friendly, money saving technology.
As Program Officer you will implement and support the Wonder Women Western Indonesia program.
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 2 years professional work experience.
- Excellent communication skills in Indonesian and English.
- Prior experience in supporting small businesses or marketing or distribution of clean energy technologies preferred.
- Strong teamwork and motivational skills and ability to build rapport with small business owners.
- Positive attitude, honest, hard worker, reliable, motivated, and passionate about social impact.
- A can-do and collaborative mind set - comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving work environment.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Problem solver.
- Creative and keen to innovate and experiment.
- Impact and data focused.
- Experience in working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and an ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Fully computer literate and tech savvy. Fluency in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Willingness to work in and travel to rural villages
- Can ride a motorcycle and possess valid drivers license (SIM C)
- Indonesian national.
- Work with the program team to ensure the Wonder Women achieve their targets, and high levels of compliance with management, financial, inventory and service standards.
- Coordinate with the Wonder Women and their groups and renew the contracts/MOUs as necessary.
- Support field teams to implement the program effectively.
- Lead the documentation and codification of Wonder Women Western Indonesia program processes.
- Collate, input and manage information into program and organisational systems and databases.
- Monitor recruitment, training, sales performance and provide regular updates and reports on program targets.
- Fulfil internal and external reporting requirements.
- Identify new partnership opportunities with potential donors as well as local partners.
- Work with Kopernik monitoring and evaluation team to conduct activities including, surveys, interviews, etc
- Identify and implement field staff development opportunities.
- Provide materials for communications materials and reports of the project including good quality photos and videos.
- Other duties as needed.
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://www.kopernik.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MARCH 6TH 2016