Overall purpose of the job
Centre for Innovation Policy and Governance (CIPG) is a research-based advisory group that aspires to excel in the area of science, technology, innovation and governance. Its main activities include 1) research, 2) consultancy-advisory, and 3) capacity building, working on local as well as international projects.
CIPG is currently seeking a Senior Research Associate.
The Senior Research Associate will be involved in at least one project in the area of science and technology policy, in close cooperation with respective government agencies, especially the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Design and implement research process on at least one study concerning science and technology policy, innovation policy, or research policy in the current Indonesian context
· Liaise with government agencies, especially the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education
· Liaise with non-government agencies working in the field of science and technology policy, innovation policy, or research policy
· Coordinate and write up the potential research report resulting from the above studies
· Compose potential policy briefs in close coordination with the implementing government agency
Qualifications and desired competencies:
· Advanced university degree in social sciences, economics, development studies, public policy or other fields relevant to the above description with a minimum of 2 (two) years related professional experience
· First level university degree in social sciences, economics, development studies, public policy or other fields relevant to the above description with a minimum of 4 (four) years related professional experience
· Strong interest in public policy, science and innovation policy, sustainable development agendas. Has an understanding about the research - policy nexus.
· Minimum one or two years experience in cooperating with government agencies and authorities
· Excellent understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods
· Ability to work with efficiency, competence, integrity and in harmony with people of different backgrounds
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Team player with proven track record in working collaboratively to timely achieve common goals
· Proven ability to work on multiple projects in spite of constraints of time and human resources
Applications (i.e. CV and Cover Letter) should be returned before Sunday, 27 March 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.