USAID CEGAH is a 5-year USAID-funded accountability and integrity program that works with a wide range of Indonesia’s Government and non-governmental agencies. The program runs between 2016 and 2021. The project is implemented by Management Systems International.
The Accountant is responsible for implementing all financial and accounting functions for the project ensuring that all transactions are properly processed, recorded, and reported on time. The Accountant is responsible for ensuring that financial transactions are in line with USAID regulations. S/he reports to the CEGAH Finance and Administration Manager.
Scope of Work:
- Implement day to day operation of USAID CEGAH’s accounting activities in Jakarta, including accounts payable, purchasing and accounts receivable by using QuickBooks accounting system.
- Manage the USAID CEGAH project bank account: prepare currency conversions and prepare online payments for signature by authorized individuals, inform supervisor of impending low bank balance in advance.
- Contribute to the overall performance of USAID CEGAH’s Finance and Operations by ensuring that USAID CEGAH’s policy is properly implemented and all transactions are properly processed, recorded and reported on time.
- Assist in preparation and reviewing expense reports, bank reconciliations, petty cash reports, bank vouchers, and petty cash vouchers.
- Prepare vouchers for payments for vendors and consultants. Maintain payment for approval.
- Assist Finance and Admin Manager in procurement process and completion of the documents as required.
- Verify vendor and local subcontractor invoices and make sure that all supporting documents are received and correct.
- Assist in issuing and sending checks and wire requests to appropriate recipients.
- Maintain audit-ready finance/accounting filing system.
- Support and prepare financial documents, including M&IE, logistics and transport payments for participants during and after workshops/seminars/trainings etc.
- Implement all financial aspects of the USAID CEGAH Jakarta office.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate MSI-SIAP monthly financial reports to MSI headquarters.
- Prepare and submit USAID CEGAH’s monthly/annual payroll tax payment and reporting to the GOI tax office in timely fashion.
- Maintain financial records (receipts, vouchers, invoices, etc.).
General provisions and limitations
· All final decisions related to this Project are made by the COP and authorized MSI/HQ personnel.
· Any communication with USAID is under the authority of the COP and authorized MSI/HQ authorized personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting.
· Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience in accounting or financial management.
· A good knowledge of the general accounting practices and procedures, fund accounting bookkeeping and taxes.
· Familiarity with and awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting functions to ensure compliance.
· Fluency in Bahasa Indonesian (required) and English (minimum level 3 required).
· Basic knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel is mandatory, QuickBooks is a plus).
· Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures is also a plus.
**This is a local position; only Indonesian nationals will be considered.
Application should include a CV (including three references) and contact information by 27 April 2016, at the latest.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.