Position: Information and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager
USAID CEGAH is a 5-year USAID-funded accountability and integrity program that works with a wide range of Indonesia’s Government and non-governmental agencies. The program runs between 2016 and 2021. The project is implemented by Management Systems International.
The Information/M&E Manager reports to the Chief of Party (COP) and provides periodic feedback on measureable achievements towards targets of USAID CEGAH. He/she also leads the project’s communication and outreach efforts, translating the collected achievements into accessible stories, including multimedia and social media products. In the event of project slippage regarding Monitoring and Evaluation targets, this Manager will offer early warnings that will trigger rethinking and adjustment of the project plan.
· Provide support to update the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and performance indicators at least 2 months before the start of every project year.
· Write draft quarterly M&E reports for review by the COP and MSI Technical Director.
· Ensure that M&E reports are produced on time and in a technically valid, high-quality manner.
· Conduct the production of requested analyses of the data responding to requests from MSI and USAID Mission in Indonesia.
· Provide training to project staff on the PMP, the performance indicators, and how to collect the needed data.
· Ensure that the project’s technical staff collect the required data for all performance indicators.
· Support technical teams in working with partner organizations and grantees, helping them to collect and organize data on performance indicators.
· Ensure that grant and subcontract PMPs are in line with USAID CEGAH’s overall PMPs and contribute the necessary data.
· Ensure that the reporting data is collected in a technically correct manner and accurately reflect field realities and meet quality standards.
· Organize and maintain effective and consistent data flow, system management, initial quality control, and production of initial basic analyses (trends, graphs, anomalous results, etc.).
· Produce the quarterly results tables.
· Suggest additional useful analyses and carry out research or supervise short-term TA as assigned.
· Manage the project’s M&E system ensuring accurate documentation and reporting of project results.
· Build strong working relationships with the USAID mission, Government of Indonesia and civil society partners to collect high quality data in a timely manner.
· Oversee the M&E database ensuring data is entered accurately and is available for reports.
· Conduct data verification exercises including data review and site visits (which may require travel throughout Indonesia).
· Manage the repository of tools, guidelines and reference documents for M&E and other materials.
· Manage the communications of the project, including success stories, quarterly report collation and illustration, social media postings and project website.
· Prepare at least 2 success stories per month on basis of field visits or milestone accomplishments.
· Manage the project’s Facebook account and other possible online communication tools.
· Produce public outreach materials for every component of the project and update on regular basis.
· Oversee the implementation of the branding and marking plan at project and with grantees.
· Train CEGAH staff and partners on adherence to branding requirements.
· Act as the focal point and review board for draft products.
· Advise staff and partners on acceptability of products and branding rules.
General provisions and limitations:
· All final decisions related to this Project are made by the COP and authorized MSI/HQ personnel.
· Any communication with USAID is under the authority of the COP and authorized MSI/HQ personnel.
· Very good knowledge of USAID M&E, Communications, and reporting requirements with at least 3 years experience in managing M&E systems for USAID programs.
· University graduate in communications, project management, business, or equivalent.
· Experience with project communications, including success reporting and social media.
· Excellent oral and written English.
· Ability to strictly adhere to deadlines.
· Good writing ability, especially success stories.
· Experience with governance programs or good understanding of Indonesia’s governance situation a plus.
**This is a local position; only Indonesian nationals will be considered.
Application should include a CV (including three references) and contact information by 27 April 2016, at the latest.
Please send applications to email@example.com. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.