Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 45 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
ACF has been active in the NTT district since 2007 since its first established in 1999 in Indonesia in cooperation and partnership with the Ministry of Health, local authorities and stakeholders. Around 40 networks have benefited from a renovation, as have water sources and wells. In the Kupang District, ACF now implements a range of integrated community based programs in Nutrition and Care practices, Food Security, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Emergency response and DRR/Climate Change Adaptation going from relief to recovery in order to address effectively the population’s needs.
Under the current activities of our WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) program in Kupang District, East Nusa Tenggara Province, a key area to focus is to support the capacity building of local authorities, community, include local NGO to improve the capacity to replicate key activities on their own future. To actualize this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of “FIELD MONITOR – HYGIENE PROMOTION ”, with the following:
|Job Title||FIELD MONITOR – HYGIENE PROMOTION|
|Period of Contract||6-12 Months|
|Reporting||WASH Hygiene Promotion Supervisor|
|Expected date of join||01 May 2016|
Educational / Professional Background : Teacher, instructor, medical background or professional experience in the hygiene promotion field.
Required Competence & Skills :
Team management and activity planning – Ability to communicate with people – Flexibility – Dynamism – Good organizational qualities – Good report writing ability – Good knowledge of the intervention area. Good English level is required. Knowledge of Dawan language is appreciated.
General Objectives of the position :
Define the content, manage and monitor the hygiene promotion program.
Objective 1 : Develop strategies to promote hygiene in the target sub-district:
- Participate in the elaboration of hygiene promotion program (courses, songs, role games, meetings, training, etc. adapted to the promotion of hygiene with the WatSan Hygiene promotion Supervisor and local partner;
- Assist a hygiene promotion supervisor in the elaborate (in partnership with local NGO) teaching tools adapted to various levels of the population: Flipchart and calendar, Posters;
Objective 2 : Be responsible for the implementation of the ACF project’s hygiene promotion and STBM activities collaborate with local government/partner in the field:
- Elaborate in Design and follow-up the Mobile Hygiene Theater activity implement by the Government:
- Community-based hygiene promotion sessions in Posyandu in partnership with Ministry of Health;
- Group of child education in partnership with child group leader in the school level;
- Assist the hygiene supervisor on the implement hygiene training of the water committees, and link hygiene promotion program with water point construction/improvement program.
Objective 3 : Monitoring and report:
- Insure that local partner have complete and appropriate implement hygiene promotion impact evaluation tools (baseline KAP survey and final KAP survey);
- Propose solutions or improvements for better performance of the project ;
- Identify and anticipate problems or constraints all the working sites on a weekly basis and reports all achievements;
- Participation in KAP survey writing
Objective 4 : Training and capacity building of local government/partner :
- Teaching the local partner, how to use implement hygiene tools to evaluate the program as part of behaviour change stategy;
- Teaching the local partner in analyse the survey result using Sphinx software;
- Follow regularly the team of local partner in the field
Please submit your letter of interest and recent CV with at least two references to : email@example.com before 22 April 2016
Please put the title on your application. Only short list candidates will be contacted.
“All ACF member of ACF world wideare committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: Independence, Non-discrimination, Free and Direct access to victims, Professionalism and Transparency. ACF is anequal opportunity employer.