Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 45 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
ACF has been active in the NTT district since 2007 since its first established in 1999 in Indonesia in cooperation and partnership with the Ministry of Health, local authorities and stakeholders. Around 40 networks have benefited from a renovation, as have water sources and wells. In the Kupang District, ACF now implements a range of integrated community based programs in Nutrition and Care practices, Food Security, Water Sanitation & Hygiene, Emergency response and DRR/Climate Change Adaptation going from relief to recovery in order to address effectively the population’s needs.
Under the current activities of our WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) program in Kupang District, East Nusa Tenggara Province, a key area to focus is to support the capacity building of local authorities, community, include local NGO to improve the capacity to replicate key activities on their own future. To actualize this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of “FIELD MONITOR – TECHNICAL & INFRASTRUCTURE”, with the following:
|Job Title||Field Monitor - Technical & Infrastructure|
|Period of Contract||6-12 Months|
|Reporting||WASH Technical Supervisor|
|Expected date of join||01 May 2016|
Educational / Professional Background : Civil engineering or equivalent and professional experience in building
Required Competence & Skills :
Competence in building sanitary and hydraulic infrastructures – Team management and activity planning – Good organizational ability – Good knowledge of the intervention area – Dynamism – Flexibility – Knowledge of Dawan or Tetun
General Objectives of the position :
Organize and supervise constructions and refurbishing.
Objective 1 : Community mobilization and capacity building
· Establish the planning of community approach activities for each targeted village with technical team leader
· Mobilize the community in daily bases for each activity according to the planning divined by ACF and community.
· Organize the financial and technical training of the water committee members technical team leader
· For each new or rehabilitated water point, organization of a hand over ceremony according to the villagers’ tradition
Objective 2 : Technical supervision:
· To provide all necessary training/explanation/advices to communities labours about ACF designs before starting implementation of any technical work (Topography assessment, etc)
· To be present for each material delivery on site by logistic with quality and quantity check up (by filling the “material delivery form”)
· Check of good storage of all materials and equipment, anticipate any logistic problems and refer to the technical team leader
· To monitor all the working sites on a weekly basis and reports all achievements/difficulties/ needs.
· Provide all necessary technical and physical support to the community labors
Objective 3 : Report :
· Write down on a notebook any problem that occurred on site during the week, and use this to make a weekly report and a monthly report (oral or written, according to the possibilities) to the technical team leader
· Fill all necessary form: material delivery form, local NGO/contractors monitoring form, tools and equipment monitoring form etc…
Please submit your letter of interest and recent CV with at least two references to : email@example.com before 22 April 2016
Please put the title on your application. Only short list candidates will be contacted.
“All ACF member of ACF world wideare committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: Independence, Non-discrimination, Free and Direct access to victims, Professionalism and Transparency. ACF is anequal opportunity employer.