World Neighbors Job Vacancy Announcement
World Neighbors (WN) is an International non-governmental, non-profit development agency (NGO), working in Oecusse Region, Timor-Leste, to inspire people and strengthen communities to find lasting solutions to hunger, poverty and disease, and promote a healthy environment.
WN is seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position of Program Officer for Community Based Natural Resource Management (CBNRM). Under the direction of the Program Manager, the CBNRM Program Officer will be responsible for all field-based activities related to the CBNRM component of WN’s program in Timor-Leste.
The position will be based primarily in WN’s office in Oecusse Region, with an expectation of approximately 80% travel to remote program locations, sometimes staying in very basic accommodation.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the implementation of all CBNRMactivities in WN’s country program in Timor-Leste - this currently consists of a three-year USAID-funded project Increasing Community Resilience in Oecusse.
• Ensure all program intervent
ions align with WN’s holistic and participatory approach to community development, and ensure gender mainstreaming is integrated across all program activities.
• Work closely with WN’s Organizational Development Consultant to ensure continued capacity strengthening of local partners and communities.
• Support and improve partner’s technical capacity in all CBNRM program areas.
• Assist in the preparation and submission of regular reports to donors, government and WN.
• Represent WN to other Timor-Leste development programs, local and national authorities (especially SAS), UN and NGO agencies, and beneficiary communities.
• Work with the Program Manager on the development of new project proposals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in CBNRM
development sector programming, especially in the areas of sustainable agriculture, food security and rural livelihoods.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject.
• Knowledge of latest CBNRM technologies and approaches.
• Knowledge and practical experience in community health programs.
• Proficiency in MS Office software including Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Willingness to travel frequently within Oecusse district and elsewhere in Timor-Leste
• English and Tetum language proficiency
• Experience working on USAID-funded programs
• Knowledge and experience of Oecusse District
• Baikeno or Dawan language proficiency
This position is open to Timor-Leste and Indonesia nationals only. For a copy of the full Terms of Reference, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates
interested in applying are asked to send an email with the title CBNRM Program Officer, containing 1) A cover letter and 2) A current CV with at least two references to email@example.com ( please note that copies of certificates, passports, etc. are not required). The deadline for all applications is 24 April 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.