Solidaridad Network has its international secretariat in Netherlands supporting a network of nine Regional Expertise Centers located in Europe, Latin America, Africa and Asia. Solidaridad is a pioneer, innovator and transition manager in smart and sustainable land use and sustainable chain management.
The REC-South and South East Asia (REC-SSEA) is registered as a not for profit company (Solidaridad Network Asia Limited-SNAL) with regional headquarters in New Delhi and Hong Kong, and is accountable to the Continental Supervisory Board of Asia. The REC-SSEA has been organizing, developing and managing several market and policy oriented programmes around sustainable development and food security in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam resulting in benefits for more than a million smallholder farmers and workers. In Indonesia Solidaridad has a country office in Jakarta, which reports to the regional office in India.
Solidaridad South and South East Asia is looking for a Palm Oil Field Officer (40 hours a week). The Palm Oil Field Officer supports Solidaridad’s palm oil projects. S/He will be based in Sintang, West Kalimantan. S/He will report to the Palm Oil Coordinator for South & South East Asia and Country Manager of Indonesia.
· Build and maintain communication with multi-stakeholders partners on the ground (civil society, governments, private sectors, local NGOs).
· Update SSEA office on the field situation and advise on the impacts to the projects
· Maintain good working relations with Solidaridad project partners and provide regular field updates as required
· Constantly monitor field progress against target with different partners in Solidaridad.
· Make sure all partners’ reporting (narrative and financial) requirements are met;
· Make sure timely submission of all partners’ reports;
· Support the Palm Oil Coordinator for South &South East Asia
· Ability to understand palm oil operations and/or requirements
· Ability to work with local palm oil multi stakeholders (NGOs, Dinas, Forums, Companies)
· Bachelor degree or higher in Agriculture or Business-related fields
· Minimum five years professional work experience within a palm oil sector (mandatory)
· Understand environmental and social issues related to palm oil.
· Conversant in English (preferably although not a must)
· Familiar with Microsoft office software package