: Capacity Development and Training Manager
: 2 (two) years
United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest of the Regional Sections of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) in which its Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations.
UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billiion people – more than half of the world population –and incorporates economically fast developing countries such as China, India and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supportscooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, network and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, local finance, gender equality and women leadership and empowerment as well as good governance.
The Capacity Development and Training Manager or CDT Manager will be hired for two (2) years period with possibility of extension, based on performance, and will be placed at UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta. The Post is to support the Secretary General and supervise the Capacity Development and Training Officer.
Objective and goal:
- To provide ideas and inputs in developing and designing the strategies and technical issues concerning capacity development.
- To design the training and capacity development plan.
- To draft and consolidate the specific requirement of proposal related to capacity development and training.
- To be the leading role on developing and producing the capacity development activities in website, publications, and social media.
Scope of Work/Key Duties
Under this Scope of Work, the CDT Manager will carry out the following key activities:
1. Initiate strategic engagement discussion and contribute to the understanding of the approach to capacity development
2. Support the further sensitisation, ownership and implementation of the capacity development process
3. Design the organizational development capacity building plan, including training and curriculum development
4. Organize and implement training activities for UCLG ASPAC’s members and partners
5. On the basis of the capacity assessment process and reports, support and oversee the implementation of the capacity development plan to achieve the milestones identified and address the identified capacity gaps
6. Provide authoritative policy advice and technical guidance on capacity development implementation and delivery
7. Responsible in designing the monitoring and evaluation tools of measurable capacity development indicators
8. Leading role for the process of selection of third party for the implementation of capacity development activities as required
9. Supervise the implementation of the capacity development plan and report on the outcomes based on the existing milestone
10. Provide technical guidance and operational support to enhance performance and quality assurance, share knowledge and build capacity
11. Collaborate with development partners and stakeholders in developing the capacity development plan
12. Establish the dialogue with donors, partners and stakeholders to maintain effective working relationships, sustain interest, and increase cooperation
13. Leading role in coaching and monitoring to partners to support the capacity development process
14. Have close coordination with the Media and Communication Department in advertising and promoting capacity building and training programmes of UCLG ASPAC.
15. Have close coordination with the Strategic Services Department and the Members Service Department in evaluating members needs assessment.
16. Perform any other duties as required from time-to-time as assigned by the Secretary General
Special Requirements of the Assignment
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in development studies, social sciences and/or related fields.
· Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience incapacity development and working in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organization.
· Solid experience in the management of people and systems in high-pressure environments
· Strong IT skills
· Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies, and or development partner.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (English; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia an asset)
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities.
· Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn.
· Considerable domestic and international travel may be required.
1. Policy proposals, position papers, presentations and documents for internal and external strategic discussion , policy formulation and assessments
2. Identify best practices and lesson learned to build capacity and knowledge
3. Database of mapping on training programs and donors working on capacity development of local governments
1. Numbers of outgoing and approved proposals
2. Database of capacity development training required by the local governments
3. Plan and strategies on capacity development
The post will be supervised by the Secretary General and working as a team with the CDT Officer.
Interested Candidate should submit Application to email@example.com
Deadline for Application submission is 05:00 PM, 22 April 2016 with Subject Email: ASPAC-CDTMO2016 – Your Name
Thank you very much for your kind attention
Human Resources Manager of UCLG ASPAC