Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organisation of more than 50 people, based in the Netherlands. Together with local partners, we improve the health of people in the poorest regions in developing countries. With more than one hundred partners we work together with communities. We influence the policies of governments to take into account the health and rights of the poorest people. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We focus on the poorest regions of nine developing countries in Asia and Africa.
Simavi has been operational in Indonesia since 1925 by working through local NGO partners both in WASH and SRHR sectors. As of 1 January 2016 Simavi is implementing a new programme named SEHATI (Sustainable Sanitation for Eastern Indonesia). And Simavi is involved in PROPOPI, a public-private partnership project between PDAM Kota Bandung, Vitens Evides International, TU Delft and Simavi. The objective is to improve pro-poor access and quality of water supply in Bandung, West Java, by providing drinking water to people as well as improving service level for customers.
For our office in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Finance & Operations Manager
This vacancy is open to Indonesian nationals only
The Finance & Operations Manager (F&O Manager) will have responsibility for financial and administrative aspects of the Indonesia country office’s projects and operation, including budget development and monitoring, agreement monitoring and compliance, procurement, and human resources. The F&O Manager will establish and maintain sound financial and administrative management practices, and ensure the project’s compliance with Simavi and donors’ procedures, rules and regulations. S/he provides technical assistance to project staff within Indonesia office, including reviews of the financial reports provided by projects. S/he provides country compilation reports to the head office regularly. S/he contributes in to adjusting Simavi’s administration policy and procedure based on Indonesia context.
Position in the organisation
The F&O Manager directly reports to the Country Representative (CR). S/he has a coordination line to project teams within Indonesia office and F&O team at Simavi Head Office. S/he line manages the Finance & Administration Officer (F&AO).
This is a local staff position and therefore for Indonesian nationals only.
Tasks and responsibilities
1. Financial Management
- Responsible for the bookkeeping and monthly financial reporting;
- Responsible for payments to contracting;
- Stays up to date about (any changes in) donor requirements;
- Ensures compliance with donor financial procedures and guidelines for audits and prepares for financial donor audits;
- Oversees local procurement;
- Ensures compliance with Government of Indonesia laws regarding financial systems and practices;
- Develops and monitors expenses against budget lines;
- Advices the Country Representative on financial management.
- Prepares contracts engaged by Simavi with third parties;
- Maintains a proper filing system of all programme documents both electronic and hardcopy;
- Manages all staff leave schedules;
- Monitors and updates the asset inventory;
- Maintains databases of government, donors, non-profit and community contacts to ensure they are up-to-date.
3. Capacity building & monitoring partner organisations
- Ensures that financial management policies and guidelines are followed and adhered to by partner organisations;
- Ensures timely and correct financial reporting of partner organizations to Simavi;
- Supports partner organizations in executing an accurate and correct bookkeeping system;
- Supports partner organizations in the preparation for annual audits;
- Reviews all reports from and payments to partner organizations with proper and adequate back-up documentation and report any inconsistencies to the Country Representative.
4. Management of staff
- The F&O Manager line manages the Finance & Administration Officer;
- Conducts the yearly performance and development cycle meetings;
- Manages the wellbeing of staff under his or her supervision;
- Approves leave days in consultation with the CR.
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor degree with 10-year working experience) in Finance, Accounting or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in financial and operations management, including overseeing the finance, preferably within an (I)NGO or an internationally-funded project;
- At least 3 years experience in line management of financial and support staff;
- Knowledge of Government of Indonesia (fiscal) laws and regulations regarding accounting,
financial systems and practices;
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating audit activities, financial reporting, budget analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounting for an (I)NGO;
- Demonstrated experience in development, implementation and monitoring of financial policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in financial capacity building of partner organizations;
- Experience or readiness to work with different types of stakeholders/clients such as the government, local NGOs, community members, private sector.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English (oral and written);
- Competence and demonstrated experience in the use of computerised systems and programs (e.g. Excel), including financial software applications is essential;
- Attention to accuracy;
- Discretion and integrity;
- Ability to manage and prioritise a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Proactive problem solver.
Jakarta, Indonesia, with some travel to the districts.
1 year consultancy contract (fulltime) with possible extension and good primary and secondary conditions. Consultancy fee will be between 20 and 24 million Rp / month (incl. VAT and other costs) depending on qualifications of the selected candidate.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Asken Sinaga (email@example.com).
To get to know our organisation, please visit our website www.simavi.org.
Do you recognise yourself in the profile? Candidates are invited to apply May 29th 2016 at the latest. Please send your letter and resume (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org, using reference Finance & Operations Manager Indonesia.
Apply only when you fit the total job description. References will be checked.
Interviews are aimed to take place between June 9th and 20th 2016.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.