Management Systems International, Inc
Strengthening Integrity and Accountability Program 1 (SIAP 1)
: Access to Information Expert
Languages Required : Indonesia
Duration of Contract : 15 days
: 30 May - 30 June
As other public institutions, the Ombudsman RI has to conform to the Act No.14 Year 2008 on the Freedom of Information. ORI has to be open and responsive to request for information, by assigning a public information officer (Pejabat Pengelola Informasi dan Data/PPID), having SOP on public information services, and providing information and data for the public. As an agency who responsible to oversee the performance of public institutions in providing public service and handle public complaints on maladministration, ORI has to show its’ pioneering as a well-reformed and open institution.
In this regard, since 2012 ORI has released regulation No 9/2012 on Procedures of Accessing Public Information at ORI, and assigned a public information officer. The regulation has been amended in 2014 through an ORI regulation No 16/2014. However, ORI is keen to translate the existing regulation into a standard operating procedure (SOP), and adjust the category of ORI’s public information. In this regard, SIAP 1 will hire an individual expert to review the existing ORIs’ Regulation on public information services and develop technical procedure and guideline related to public information services.
SCOPE OF WORK:
SOP on public information services developed
1. Two (2) days for:
a. Conduct a desk review of the existing legal framework, and SOP related to public information services and provide recommendation for improvement
b. Conduct interviews and consultative meetings with ORI Commissioners and staffs relates to the existing ORI public information services
2. Ten (10) days for:
a. Provide outline and develop some technical-regulation needed related to public information services, which include but not limited to:
· Operational SOP related to Public Information (SOP on Developing Public Information List; SOP on Public Information Services; SOP on Consequences Test; SOP on Objection Request on Public Information Services)
· Internal Regulation on the Establishment of PPID (including its organizational structure)
· Public Information List (Daftar Informasi Publik)
b. Present the technical- regulation to ORI commissioners and staffs
3. Three (3) days for:
a. Finalize the proposed final draft of micro-regulation based on feedbacks from ORI
b. Deliver one-day workshop (capacity building) to ORI's Personnel on the procedures on public information services
c. Provide report to MSI SIAP 1 and ORI (with maximum of 10 pages exclude the proposed draft of SOP)
1. Desk review
2. Meeting reports with ORI
3. Operational SOP related to Public Information (SOP on Developing Public Information List; SOP on Public Information Services; SOP on Consequences Test; SOP on Objection Request on Public Information Services)
4. Internal Regulation on the Establishment of PPID (including its organizational structure)
5. Public Information List (Daftar Informasi Publik)
6. Final report
1. Master Degree in public administration, politic, law, or any closely related field is preferred.
2. Demonstrated experiences in developing SOP for at least 3 years
3. Demonstrated knowledge and experience working on administrative reform, and freedom of information (Law Number 14/2008)
4. Has a good communication and good personalities
5. Has an experience working with government agencies is preferred
Application should include a cover letter, CV (including three references), current salary, expected salary, available start date by May 24, 2016 at the latest.
Please indicate 'SOP Public Information Service', as the subject of your email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.