Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany’s oldest and largest social welfare organisations with over 200 offices and a membership of 1.2 million.
ASB Indonesia and Philippines aims to build resilience through inclusive and risk aware development. ASB has been working in Indonesia, in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs, since 2006. In Indonesia ASB works directly with partners and communities, and in support of government, to empower and build resilience through an inclusive whole-of-community approach. The ASB Philippines Community Resilience Programme was established in 2015 and has the specific objective of strengthening the resilience of communities affected by Typhoon Haiyan via local partner led programming & increasing inclusive-DRR practice across different levels (local to regional). The Philippines programme is implemented through local partner led projects and is remotely managed from Indonesia by ASB. A key component of the work that ASB does across the region is implementing and promoting inclusive risk aware practice. ASB is also a founding member of the Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction Network (DIDRRN).
As part of the Indonesian and Philippines program ASB is seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Finance and Grants Coordinator
Yogyakarta, with travel to project areas, possible international travel
ASB offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience
25 May 2016
Summary of job profile:
The Finance & Grants Coordinator will support the Finance and Operation manager and take a lead role in overseeing and monitoring financial projects and partners, financial capacity development for partners and internal financial arrangements and budget of the ASB Philippines programme and Indonesia partner projects. This position will work closely with the Finance and Operation Manager, and other staff and partner organizations and manage the Philippines Finance Officer, to ensure all financial activities are according to internal standards, as well as expectations and regulations of donors, project partners and the Indonesian government.
- Graduate from accounting, business administration or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Proven experience in review financial proposal and financial report.
- Proven experience in managing and strengthening partnerships.
- Proven experience in monitoring financial projects and partners.
- Proven experience in assessing and developing capacity, mentoring and supporting the development / strengthening of local organizations financial systems.
- Experience in the Philippines an asset
- Experience in working in an accounting system an asset.
- High-level report writing skills.
- Good communicator.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Willingness to travel overseas required.
- Willingness to work in a team.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience in facilitating financial learning processes and training an asset
- A commitment to working in partnership
- A creative, critical, enquiring and flexible mind that is good at problem solving.
- Enthusiasm, energy and an innate desire to better oneself and to improve the work of those around you.
- Good cross-cultural understanding including experience working in multi-cultural teams and programs.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please read the following carefully:
Qualified applicants should send:
a) application letter outlining your interest
b) curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience
c) 2 referees’ contact details.
Applications to Ms. Rosvita Walanda : email@example.com using the subject line: PHL1601_FGC
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.