External IT Support
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation, funded from
public and private sources, working in 38 countries in Africa, Asia, and
Latin America. SNV specializes in supporting the resourcefulness of
development actors by developing local capacities, improving performance and
services, strengthening governance systems, helping to create access for
excluded groups and by making markets work for the poor. Our global team of
advisors use their specialist sector and change expertise in Agriculture,
Renewable Energy and WASH to facilitate sustainable change in the
livelihoods of millions of people living in poverty.
To support its operations, SNV currently looking for individual or company
who can help to organize and manage IT work for SNV Indonesia with primary
work in its Jakarta office.
The responsibilities will be as follows but are not limited to:
1) Perform the first level of IT support that includes installing,
configuring and maintaining IT infrastructure and systems which include
shared internet access, network devices, file/database server, VPN Server,
backup systems and other IT related support tasks
2) Experience of monitoring & managing the ICT infrastructure for an IT
project including database management, hosting servers, SAN, network,
3) Install and maintain all network printers, network scanner and other
4) Provide the first level of support to the maintaining network
infrastructure including internet connection, router/firewall, and Ethernet
5) Maintain network infrastructure including internet connection,
router/firewall, and Ethernet switch
6) Support the operation of all computers including operating system
7) Maintain voice communications - small PABX systems & Polycom Video
8) Track maintenance requirement for all office equipment and arrange
timely preventive maintenance procedures and repairs, including doing assets
9) Ensure compliance with SNV Head Office Information Security policies,
procedures and standards
10) Maintain Project Server at the Jakarta SNV office:
* Ensure Windows Server and other software are maintained and that
patches are promptly applied
* Ensure the anti-virus signature file is maintained and kept current
* Ensure information is backed up and maintained
* Maintain spare parts and perform hardware repairs and restoration
* Configure and troubleshoot any issues for the server
1) Bachelor Degree (individual) or IT company with 5 years of experience
2) Previous working experience in:
* installing/ supporting/ maintaining a wide range of IT infrastructure
systems (Windows Server, Windows PCs, Mac OS, VPN Server, Backups, Printers,
Scanner, Voice, Recorders, etc.) in PC as well as server support experience
* Experience or basic knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft Hyper-
V, MS Office 2007/2010/2013, Win 8.1 Pro, McAfee anti-virus, Symantec
Backup Exec 2012/2015, Symantec DLO
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Preferably.
3) IT professional, with good work ethic, customer-focused, with ability
to multitasking with minimum supervision in a team-work environment.
Place of duty: Jakarta with occasional travel to field offices when
Contract duration: June to December 2016, up to 10 days per month.
Desired start date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and application to email@example.com
"External IT Support".
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted