Hivos Southeast Asia is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by
humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong
focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos
Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in
networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos
Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified candidates for the national
Title : Coordinator/Program Development Manager
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration : One year, with possibility of extension
Report to : Regional Director
Our current food system is contributing to climate change, ecosystem
degradation and biodiversity loss, but is also affected by these
environmental problems. This vulnerability is exacerbated by social and
political problems, not allowing those depending on it to move out of
poverty into decent livelihoods. Hivos's Sustainable Food approach therefore
moves beyond the limitations of single commodities and individual farms, and
integrates both economic/environmental and social/political dimensions into
its thematic strategy.
The Coordinator/Program Development Manager Sustainable Food is a member of
Hivos' global Sustainable Food team. S/he leads program development
processes for the Sustainable Food theme for Hub SEA. Drawing from an
expert understanding of Hivos' organisational values, its global Green
Society strategy, and Hub SEA's individual strategic plan for the Food
theme, s/he creates new projects and programs that address persistent
challenges in regional, national and local food systems. S/he identifies
and builds a network of key stakeholders from government, international
organisations, civil society and the private sector, and works with them to
co-create solutions. S/he builds donor relationships and identifies funding
opportunities. A successful incumbent of the role will build a diverse
portfolio of innovative, high-quality projects with strong stakeholder
buy-in; achieve Hub SEA funding targets; and contribute to the development
of Hivos's reputation as a thought and innovation leader on the theme of
The Coordinator/PDM Sustainable Food is responsible for developing the
strategic and financial resilience plans for the Sustainable Food theme in
Hub SEA, and leading the Food team towards achievement of the objectives.
S/he organises internal processes for idea co-creation within the Food team,
as well as in collaboration with the teams of other Hivos themes. The PDM
Food is responsible for translating these ideas into viable solutions, and
securing funding opportunities for the resulting projects.
This position also oversees the individual projects managed by the Hub SEA
Sustainable Food team to ensure continuing relevance with Hivos' overall
Green Society goals.
The Coordinator/Program Development Manager Sustainable Food leads Hub SEA's
Sustainable Food team and is responsible for management of the team members,
including the annual performance review cycle.
With the Coordinator/Program Development Manager Green Energy, the PDM Food
coordinates Hub SEA's Green Cluster. Final management responsibility for the
Green Cluster rests with the Regional Director, however both PDMs are tasked
with ensuring communication and information exchange within the Green
Cluster, and between Hub SEA's Green and Open Clusters.
The PDM Food works closely with the finance team on the design of project
budgets and the ongoing financial management of major projects, and with the
Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DME&L) position on project
design and the planning and initialisation project phases. S/he is a member
of Hub SEA's Management Team, and works closely with the leads of other
Hivos themes on strategic direction and Hub SEA's overall financial
Roles and responsibilities
1. To develop strategic and long term sustainability portfolio for Hub
SEA, as well as smart business models and fundraising.
2. To identify and access funding sources for the program and together
with Global Office and programme staffs, to develop and implement
fundraising strategy to support a successful implementation of the program.
3. To provide input and contribute program highlights for funding
proposals, communication materials etc. for stakeholders and audience, both
in Hub SEA and in Global Office.
4. To contribute to the fundraising possibilities with regards to the
5. To take lead on fundraising initiative in close coordination with
programme staffs and finance department.
B. Managing portfolio
1. To develop business plans, conduct market research and lead
2. To manage the Hub SEA Food portfolio, which includes processing
proposals, preparing all of necessary documents and administrative handlings
and monitoring partners (in coordination with Project Officer).
C. Planning, report-writing and project coordinating
1. To coordinate planning and report-writing of the Sustainable Food
cluster at Hub SEA which is in line with Hivos' global strategy.
2. To coordinate projects implementation for the Sustainable Food
cluster, ensuring consistency knowledge exchange among staff.
D. Representing the organization
1. To be responsible for creating and promoting innovative solutions
that have the potential to contribute to the required transformation in
Hivos' global food system.
2. To be able to connect to frontrunners and (potential) game changers
and to work together with them to develop innovative programmes.
3. To present Hivos' vision on Green Societies in an attractive and
leading way during conferences and seminars.
E. Coordinating Sustainable Food Team
1. To provide input to the financial planning, budgeting, performance,
capacity development and risks management of projects.
2. To contribute and support to the other possible expansion and
thematic programs which aims to the improvement of organization.
3. To contribute to Hub SEA overall organizational and policy
4. To be a reliable and supportive team member to the whole team.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
1. An advanced degree in a relevant field at University level.
2. At least five years of working experience in the field of food and/or
3. A strong affinity for Hivos' mission and for social and environmental
concerns and you are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and
4. Able to 'think outside the box' and connect to various actors to
develop new solutions that have the ability to transform Hivos' global food
5. Have a convincing track-record in program development, resource
mobilization and facilitating of multi-actor initiatives.
6. Experience with developing smart business models is also an asset.
7. Excellent - externally oriented - communication skills, both verbally
and in writing in English.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the
possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Hivos salary grade: 11-12.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to
email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> no later than 1 July 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for ('Coordinator/PDM
Green Food') in the 'subject' line of your email. Only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://hivos.org/.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]