TFA 2020 Regional Coordinator for South East Asia (to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia)
The Indonesia Business Council for Sustainable Development (IBCSD) is seeking a Regional Coordinator for South East Asia for the Tropical Forest Alliance 2020 (TFA 2020) to be based in Jakarta. The Regional Coordinator supports the continued shift of TFA 2020 towards distributed governance and multi-centric facilitation, by acting as the main facilitator of the TFA 2020 platform in South East Asia.
The Regional Coordinator has the dual role of:
a) Catalysing the further development of the TFA 2020 platform in Indonesia and the rest of South East Asia, as a core element of the global TFA 2020 umbrella partnership
b) Supporting the development and implementation of regional strategic activities of the TFA 2020 that accelerate progress toward reaching deforestation goals through supply chain-based commitments and action, supported through the organisation and facilitation of the Indonesia Working Group of TFA 2020 and regional meetings, contribution to regional communication activities, facilitation and curation of regional activities on digital collaboration platform.
Responsibilities of the Regional Coordinators
Under the guidance of the Regional Committee of the TFA2020, and in coordination with the Director of TFA 2020, TFA 2020 Regional Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
§ Serve as the lead regional facilitator and organiser of TFA 2020, and, in coordination with the TFA 2020 Secretariat, lead stakeholder engagement in the region on behalf of TFA 2020, and lead recruitment of potential Partners from the region
§ Serve as facilitator of the TFA 2020 Regional Working Group, including: convening and moderating Working Group meetings and calls, curating the Regional Working Group spaces on the TFA 2020 Digital Collaboration Platform, and coordinating the input of regional activities in the TFA 2020 Annual Report
§ Act as lead programme manager for the regional strategic initiative of the TFA 2020, supporting the Working Group in coordinating implementation activities
§ Contribute to the design and execution of the General Assembly of the TFA 2020 in collaboration with the TFA 2020 Secretariat
§ Contribute to the preparation and execution of the regional and global communication activities of the TFA 2020
The Regional Coordinator is expected to drive the TFA 2020 partnership towards the following outcomes:
· Engagement and participation of regional stakeholders
· Support the development and implementation of the strategy of the Indonesia Working Group of TFA 2020, in cooperation with the regional partners of TFA 2020
· Engage with and support active membership in TFA 2020 of the Government of Indonesia, with particular attention to the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, and the Peat Restoration Authority.
· Support and facilitate the engagement of domestic stakeholders from civil society in the activities of TFA 2020
· Seek opportunities to engage new partners in the region outside Indonesia, with an initial focus on Malaysia and Singapore.
· Connectivity and communication of partners’ initiatives
· Accelerated action towards deforestation-free commodity production
Qualifications and Skills
· Master’s degree or equivalent
· A minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in a relevant business or not-for-profit organization including consulting or academia, with experience in land use and forest and climate topics
· Strong problem solving, analytical, and synthesizing skills and the ability to communicate complex information succinctly
· Service-oriented team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Willing to work in a highly demanding environment and ready to juggle multiple priorities
· Prepared for extensive travel including outside the region
· Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, other regional languages an asset.
This vacant position is full time basis. Interested applicant should send the cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28 June 2016.
Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all (Hellen Keller)