Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund (ASB) is one of Germany’s oldest and largest social welfare organisations with over 200 offices and a membership of 1.2 million.
ASB has been working in Indonesia since 2006 and under a Memorandum of Understanding (M0U) with the Indonesian Ministry of Home Affairs since 2007 focusing on resilience and inclusion. ASB is currently developing a Philippines program that started in early 2015. It is a partner-implemented program with a core focus on community resilience building following Typhoon Haiyan. To establish and implement this program a team are being formed that manage the program from the ASB Indonesia and Philippines’ country office in Yogyakarta.
As part of the Indonesian and Philippines program ASB is seeking expressions of interest from qualified and committed individuals for the following position:
Location : Yogyakarta, Indonesia, with national and international travel if required.
Duration : 18 months
Start : Immediately
Vacancy : National position
Salary : ASB offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience
Closing : 25 June 2016
Summary of job profile:
The Finance/Grants Officer will support the Finance/Grants Coordinator and Finance and Operations manager in overseeing and monitoring financial projects and partners, financial capacity development for partners and internal financial arrangements of the ASB Philippines programme and Indonesia partner projects. This position will work closely with the Finance/Grants Coordinator and Finance and Operations Manager, and other staff and partner organizations, to ensure all financial activities are according to internal standards, as well as expectations and regulations of donors, project partners and the Indonesian government.
- Graduate from accounting, business administration or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with a demonstrable track record of success.
- Proven experience in review financial proposal and financial report.
- Proven experience in managing and strengthening partnerships.
- Proven experience in monitoring financial projects and partners.
- Proven experience in assessing and developing capacity, mentoring and supporting the development / strengthening of local organizations financial systems.
- Experience in the Philippines an asset
- Experience in working in an accounting system an asset.
- Good communicator.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Willingness to travel overseas required.
- Willingness to work in a team.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience in facilitating financial learning processes and training an asset
- A commitment to working in partnership
- A creative, critical, enquiring and flexible mind that is good at problem solving.
- Enthusiasm, energy and an innate desire to better oneself and to improve the work of those around you.
- Good cross-cultural understanding including experience working in multi-cultural teams and programs.
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please read the following carefully:
Qualified applicants should send:
a) application letter outlining your interest
b) curriculum vitae max: 2 pages clearly describing your relevant qualifications and experience
c) 2 referees’ contact details.
Applications to Ms. Rosvita Walanda Sitorus : email@example.com using the subject line: PHL1601_FGO
NOTE: A failure to follow the above application format will result in applications being disregarded.