Location : Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type : Full-time
The Indonesian International Education Foundation (“IIEF”) is an Indonesian not-for-profit organization specializing in scholarship management and international education through the management of numerous scholarship programs sponsored by various international donor and funding organizations, and the administration of international assessments and professional certifications. IIEF (http://www.iief.or.id) is a local partner organization of the Institute of International Education (“IIE”), one of the world’s largest and most experienced international education and professional exchange organizations, based in New York (http://www.iie.org) .
The Communications and Outreach Specialist will support an anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Sustainable Higher Education Research Alliances (SHERA) Program in Indonesia. The primary objective of SHERA will be to increase the research capacity of faculty, staff, Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers at selected higher education institutions in Indonesia through partnerships with U.S. universities.
Purpose of Position
The Communications and Outreach Specialist shall establish project visibility and coordinate with media circles and sub-contractors in planning, implementing, and promoting events. This position will be based in Jakarta.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Work with project staff to develop a project strategic communications plan.
• Engage with Indonesian universities, faculty, staff, Ph.D. students, and post-doctoral researchers to promote program application and activities through various communications means.
• Coordinate with stakeholders to plan and implement large-scale higher education events to share best practices and research and highlight program successes.
• Working with partners, coordinate the development and publication of case studies, white papers, and success stories.
• Write effective press releases.
• Engage with local/national media circles to promote program activities through various communications means.
• Verify branding on program materials.
• Manage and regularly update website, Facebook, Twitter (social media platforms in general).
• Train partners and staff on USAID marking and branding regulations and procedures.
• Assist with the development and completion of progress reports.
• Coordinate the development of online and in-person training events and training materials
• Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in communications or related field.
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible, hands-on experience developing organizational communications.
• Experience implementing communications plans requiring USAID branding and marketing.
• Experience planning and managing events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Good oral and written English and Bahasa language skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Accuracy, attention to detail.