Founded in 1985, Cowater International Inc. has built a global reputation for excellence in the world of management consulting in international development. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with experience in more than 65 countries, Cowater has established itself as Canada's leading management consulting firm in international development.
Cowater is currently recruiting an Access to Finance and SME Development Expert for an upcoming project. Candidates must be fluent in English. The successful candidate will work out of the project office in Jakarta, Indonesia part-time over a term of 7 years.
This posting is best suited for individuals already based in Southeast Asia.
The project is responsible for the identification and deployment of technical assistance to respond to requests from partner developing countries in the Asia Pacific region. This technical assistance will contribute to reducing poverty in Asia Pacific developing countries through support to the enabling environment for pro-poor trade and investment-related economic activities. The Access to Finance and SME Development Expert will:
· Maintain technical oversight on access to finance and SME development-related issues with contracted technical expertise;
· Maintain a strong awareness of the enabling environment for SMEs, especially in Asia Pacific; and
· Produce technical papers / briefs on SME-related issues.
· Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Development, or related field and/or an Accounting Designation
· Minimum of 5 years of experience
o Developing/executing international business strategies
o Building capacities of governments, organizations, and the private sector (SMEs)
o Promoting private sector development
· Experience working on international development projects
All applications are to be submitted through our job-board http://www.cowater.com/job-
listings/ by searching for the “Access to Finance and SME Development Expert” posting, or, directly, at https://cowater.acquiretm.com/ job_details_clean.aspx?ID= 1186&iframe=1.
The Closing date for applicants is July 5, 2016. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon
as possible. Applications will be assessed as they are received.