Tangguh Menghadapi Perubahan Iklim (TaMPIk) Project Kabupaten Belu, NTT
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is a US – based voluntary organization working in more than 80 countries around the world to assist people victims of disasters, people in need and the disadvantaged regardless of race, belief or nationality. CRS has been operating in Indonesia since 1957 under the Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Social Affairs with programs primarily in the areas of community development, humanitarian assistance, Disaster management and Emergency Response.
CRS/Indonesia is currently hiring for Biogas Consultant for TaMPIk Project to support Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Indonesia and partners, Socio–Economic Development Commission of the Diocese of Atambua (PPSE-KAat Kabupaten Belu, NTT with skill and knowledge to install and maintain certified biogas installation
CRS Indonesia, in collaboration with local partners Panitia Penyelenggara Sosial Ekonomi Keuskupan Atambua (PPSE-KA) and Yayasan Mitra Tani Mandiri (YMTM) have implemented Sustainable Agriculture for Enhanced Resilience (SAfER) in 10 food – insecure villages in Belu District, East Nusa Tenggara Province since October 2013 until April 2016. The SAfER project has succeeded in supporting 1500 target farmers iincreasing their food crops production by applying farming techniques, including soil and water conservation, that are more appropriate for coping with environmental stresses.
Learning from SAfER project, CRS just started TaMPIk project in 10 new village still in Belu District. CRS Indonesia will build on successes and lessons learned from the SAfER project, which contributed to an increase of more than 300% in corn and bean production. Household and communities will increase their resiliency by adopting appropriate farming and soil and water conservation techniques to adapt to changing climate conditions and at the same time conserve and maintain the ecosystem. The appropriate technologies that will be introduced to the TaMPIk project beneficiaries include seeds sortation and storage, the making and use of organic fertilizers and pesticides, improved planting system, harvest and post-harvest handling, vegetable cultivation, and line sowing. To conserve and maintain the ecosystem, this project will also promote the use renewable energy for cooking and other households needs such as electricity.
With the high population of cattle in some of the target villages, both SAfER and TaMPIk project promoted the use of cow dunk only to make organic fertilizers/compost. Therefore, Biogas system is considered as good alternative for environmental friendly renewable energy. Farmers will be able to use the bio slurry for organic fertilizers.
CRS has no experience in biogas installation therefore CRS is looking for professional consultant to provide us with skill and knowledge to install and maintain certified biogas installation.
Works that should be carried out by consultant
1. Study and review the TaMPIk project documents, including SAfER Learning document.
2. Study Belu district profile from secondary data to be familiar with geographical and demography of project site.
3. Develop/adopt Biogas training curriculum for CRS and partners staff
4. Facilitate Biogas training for CRS and partners staff
5. Demonstrate the step – by – step installation/construction of 1 unit of biogas system in the project site.
6. Develop/provide written guidance/manual for the installation/construction of biogas system for CRS and partner staff reference.
7. Maintain close coordination with CRS/ID contact person for this consultation. And the CRS/ID contact person will also support the consultant to ensure that each activity is appropriate that described in this SOW.
8. Maintain close coordination with CRS field team and partners in the project area during consultation.
· One unit of Indonesian Standard’s (SNI) certified Biogas installation in the project site. The consultant provides guarantee that the biogas installation will be working for a certain period of time with agreed terms and conditions.
· One package of Biogas training modules about biogas training.
· One package of Biogas installation manual/guidance and IEC material to promote biogas installation for community
CRS Indonesia is seeking professional consultant with the following qualifications:
· Most preferably who have experience working with NGOs, UN, and other international bodies, or private company for making certified biogas installation .
· Strong skill and extensive experience in making biogas installation in rural communities (please submit samples of portfolios that you have worked on/produced).
· Strong training facilitation skills
· Have qualifed human resources and appropriate equipment's for installing biogas in accordance with the product specifications/deliverables required in this SOW.
· Willing to travel to locations of the project described in this SOW
· Strong sense of cultural sensitivity and respect of local customs.
1. 12 August 2016: deadline for submission of proposal/application to CRS.
2. 19 August 2016: notification of the selected application directly to the applicant.
3. 24 August 2016: Briefing meeting between the selected applicants with CRS team to discuss detail implementation plan for consultation in Jakarta.
4. 29 August – 2 September 2016: Biogas training for CRS and partners in Atambua.
5. 3 – 9 September 2016: Demonstration on installing biogas in project site.
6. 4 – 8 October 2016: Monitor the progress and function of biogas installations.
Place of Performance:
Jakarta and the TaMPIk project location in Belu District, NTT
Selected consultant will work closely with CRS/ID contact person for TaMPIk project in Jakarta and CRS Program officer in Atambua, CRS’s partners in Atambua and farmers as the beneficiaries in Belu District, NTT.
Interested applicants should submit budget proposal for the biogas consultant in accordance with the works required in this SOW such as follow:
1. Fees for consultant for the time worked as per the agreed timeline
2. Per diem during field visit to project site in Atambua as described
3. Training module and IEC material (training venue and accommodation will be arranged by CRS)
4. Material for biogas installation (in case some material not available locally)
5. Transportation and accommodation (this is optional, CRS can provide airline ticket and hotel for consultant for travel to project site)
6. Local transportation from office / house to airport round trip
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply and email their CV before July 31, 2016 to Iwan.Tarmizi@crs.org"Only short-listed candidates will be invited via e-mail/phone for Interview”