Looking for Short Term Consultant:
Consultant for baseline context analysis for the voice programme in Indonesia to map and analyse the situation of the most marginalised and discriminated people including their influencing and organisational capacity.
Voice is a newly established consortium between Oxfam Novib (Netherlands) and Hivos to manage a new Euro 50 million fund over five years (2016-2021) whereby the funding is made available by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Voice targets the most marginalised and discriminated groups in ten low- and lower-middle income countries in Africa and Asia. These groups are, amongst others:
- People with disabilities
- Gender and Sexual Minorities
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and violence
- Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
- Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities.
It aims to strengthen the capacity of Civil Society Organisations and representatives of these groups to increase their (political) participation in mainstream development processes. Since the most marginalised and discriminated groups are often hard to reach via regular programming. Voice promotes the use of innovative ideas and strategies, in order to empower these groups and to have their voices heard and respected. The programme has two main components:
1. A grant facility to provide financial support to groups and organisations and;
2. A linking and learning programme that will nurture learning and innovation across countries and groups.
The key words are Empower, Amplify and Influence.
The long term outcome of this programme is: Voice will strengthen the capacity for lobby and advocacy of civil society organisations and representatives of the most marginalised and discriminated people in order to empower these groups and to have their Voices heard and respected, using innovative ideas in the field of capacity strengthening and in the field of lobby and advocacy.
2. Main objectives
The objective of this short-term consultancy is to conduct an in-depth analysis of the current situation and policy environment in Indonesia of the following groups within the Voice programme:
1. People with disabilities;
2. Gender and Sexual minorities
3. Women facing exploitation, abuse and violence;
4. Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly; and
5. Indigenous groups and ethnic minorities. The resulting context analysis document will be used as country level baseline and as input to the global Voice baseline.
Visit : https://goo.gl/zqmMii for more TOR details.
3. Main results – deliverables:
Deliverable 1: Detailed planning and budget for context analysis including travel and a (preliminary) list of organisations and persons to be interviewed and/or to participate in focus groups discussions.
After approval, a first payment can be made up to maximum 25% / to cover all travel and other work related costs.
Deliverable 2: Draft context analysis report
Deliverable 3: Full report and draft context analysis summary to be included in the global Voice context analysis (see template).
· Any questions, remarks or requests for clarification can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, 25 July 2016, close of business.
· Quotations should reach Hivos South East Asia no later than Friday, 29 July 2016, close of business.
The following should be included in applications:
· At least two relevant reference assignments previously performed by the supplier that are comparable in content, time and money.
· Copy of the NPWP for individuals or Company and Copy of registration with the Ministry of Law and Human Rights or other relevant authorities
· An action and implementation plan, including a time planning based on this ToR
· CV(’s) of the proposed consultant(s), proving relevant experience and/or diplomas.
· Total price. Accompanied with a cost brake down in days or hours spend and the related fee.
Expression of Interest should be submitted by e-mail with the subject line “Voice Context Analysis Consultant-Indonesia” to email@example.com by July 29, 2016.