Job Title: Full-time researcher (ASEAN Studies Program) for Post Graduate Applicants
The Habibie Center is expanding its ASEAN Studies Program and developing programs and research related to the ASEAN Economic Community:
As part of this endeavor, a team of researcher will be required to fulfill our main activity outputs to:
• Produce policy papers related to ASEAN economic issues;
• Organize regular public dialogues related to ASEAN economic issues;
• Organize international seminars on related to ASEAN economic issues;
• Liase with different stakeholders such as embassy, consultants, etc.
As part of its core team, The Habibie Center plans to hire full-time researchers (ASEAN Studies Program).
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: 12 months (starts August 2016), full time (5 days or 35-40 hours per week).
Initial one-year hire period (extendable based on performance)
· Assisting senior supervisor and program coordinator in determining the ASEAN economic issues that are relevant and current;
· Conducting research, collecting data and managing information related to the ASEAN economic issues determined by the core team;
• Composing policy briefs (in English) with the support of other members of the core team on ASEAN economic issues determined by the core team;
• Organizing public dialogues and international seminars on ASEAN economic issues determined by the core team, identifying speakers and target audience and taking responsibility for the proceedings including the administrative issues;
• Actively representing The Habibie Center in ASEAN related forum and events on ASEAN in Jakarta and the region, including preparing short written;
• Attending external seminars, workshops and other events on behalf of The Habibie Center and reporting back on any topical issues;
• Assisting The Habibie Center with other activities/events when the need arises.
• Master’s degree in economics, international political economy, agricultural economics, international business law or other related disciplines with some previous experience in related fields;
• Demonstrated strong knowledge on regional economic integration issues especially in the ASEAN region, and up-to-date with the general news and events regarding the ASEAN Economic Community and ASEAN countries. Knowledge of international political economy and economic issues concerning ASEAN and their partners is an advantage;
• Demonstrated strong knowledge in agriculture, renewable energy, and maritime logistics issues in ASEAN and multilateral economic issues such as G-20;
• Previous working experience in a similar role, and specifically experienced in writing policy briefs, academic articles and op-ed (in English and Bahasa Indonesia) that deals with qualitative and quantitative data;
• Strong research, written (English and Bahasa Indonesia), analytical, and organizational skills;
• Willing to organize events such as public dialogue and international seminar and to handle administrative issues.
• Solid organizational skills, with a proven ability to prioritize projects with attention to detail;
• Recent post gradute with experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including local research organizations, governments and NGOs;
• Integrity, professional discretion and ability to interact effectively with diverse partners.
Send your CV, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (via e-mail only – applications sent via other than e-mail will not be accepted) no later than Friday, 19 August 2016 (Only shortlisted candidates will be notified).