World Food Programme Indonesia Country Office (CO) invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Programme Policy Officer (Head of Field Office)
Post Grade: SC8
Starting Date: ASAP
Duration: Initial 6 months with possibility for extension
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Kupang, Indonesia
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of Head of Programme, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Effectively manage the Field Office to ensure the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
2. Coordinate closely with Country Office to ensure integration and coordination of activities as per annual performance plan and follow up the progress.
3. Plan and manage WFP field activities to ensure effective and efficient delivery of capacity development and policy advice to local authorities.
4. Ensure that allocated resources are used efficiently and are in line with agreed plans, and any deviations are reported to the Country Office.
5. Hold accountability for the security of WFP staff, operations, premises and assets in the Field Office to ensure that WFP security and safety standards are locally set and followed. Actively participate and contribute to the Area Security Management Team (ASMT).
6. Conduct timely monitoring and evaluation of activities and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on WFP’s performance with regular and timely submission for Country Office review to inform efficient operational planning and decisions.
7. Build effective and collaborative relations with the local authorities and contribute to the expertise sharing and capacity building for effective preparedness and response to nutrition-sensitive social protection programmes.
8. Build partnerships to improve capacity development assistance packages, develop and sustain liaison with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, civil societies, and local communities and media engaged in the field of food security and nutrition.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications:Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Implementation of technical programmes (i.e. nutrition, food security, etc.).
- Programmes design and implementation.
- Input into policy discussions and decisions.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments is intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose, distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the World Food Programme. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences. The sender reserves the right to monitor, record and retain electronic messages.