Repost: Job Vacancy: Coffee Field Officer ( 3 positions)
Company: The foundation Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung designs and manages sustainable agricultural development projects worldwide. With over twenty years of experience in project design, implementation and management, the foundation contributes to improving the living conditions of smallholder coffee and cocoa farmers through a business approach to sustainable development. Financed by private and public donors, HRNS has started implementing a 5-year program (2 projects) to promote sustainable smallholder Robusta coffee production in OKU Selatan, Southern Sumatra. These projects aims to provide farmer training on good agricultural practices, product quality and marketing, farmer organizational development, etc. The second phase of the program will include additional topics such as access to finance, gender mainstreaming, coffee & climate, alternative income and biodiversity. These components will be integrated where possible and have to contribute to the overall goal of empowering the farmers in these communities.
Job Opportunity The project is looking for Field Officer who will be based in OKU Selatan South Sumatra, in charge of the following tasks:
The project is looking for a Field Officer who will be based in South Sumatra Province, in charge of the following tasks:
- Implement farmer field school training session for farmer groups on coffee production, product quality, product marketing, farmer organizational development, entrepreneurial skills, nursery management, coffee and climate change related topics, etc.
- Train and coach farmer promoters who will facilitate farmer field school training sessions in their communities
- Assist and support farmers during regular farmer group meetings, provide on-demand advice to farmers and introduce additional information/know-how where required.
- Support establishment of cooperation with other organizations/stakeholders where required.
- Implement demonstration plots in cooperation with Project Partners and Farmers.
- Implement and monitor farmer field book record keeping (i.e. training, data entry and database maintenance, data analysis and report writing).
- Support baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluation surveys.
- Facilitate mission of Consultants and Project Visitors.
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant working experience; demonstrated practical expertise in participatory farmer training and farmer organizational development.
- Indonesian candidate with a university degree in agriculture, community development, agribusiness or related subjects.
- proficiency in standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Project).
- Self initiative and communication skills; accustomed and willing to work under pressure.
- Particular expertise related to smallholder coffee or cocoa production, processing, marketing and trade.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written); concise reporting skills.
- Integrity and Accountability, Commitment, Thrive for Excellence and Respect
Please apply electronically including CV, motivation letter and salary expectation to: Andes.natalia@hrnstiftung.
30.08.2016; only short listed candidates will be contacted, early submission is