The Swisscontact Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Based in Bone Soppeng, Sulawesi Selatan, (Job Code: PO - BS)
The SCPP is a large Public Private Development Partnership (“PPDP”) in Indonesia, launched in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, the International Fund for Agriculture Development IFAD, the Millennium Challenge Account for Indonesia (MCA-I), and six leading Private Sector cocoa and chocolate companies for the duration from 2012 – 2020. The Program works with 60,000 cocoa farming households in six Indonesian Provinces, with planned expansion to include 130,000 cocoa farmers within 50 districts, to improve farm productivity and cocoa quality, livelihood conditions, and supply chain transparency, while reducing the environmental footprint.
The Program Officer will play important roles in establishing cocoa development program activities at field level in the district/region, maintain linkage among the districts/region with government and private sector and other agribusiness development opportunities..
· Lead and responsible to establish technology transfer system on cocoa in Bone and Soppeng districts, South Sulawesi
· Responsible to ensure the project implementation in Bone and Soppeng districts, in coordination with SCPP Field Coordinator, other PO and program management;
· Oversee and supervise District Management Unit in terms of administration procedure and approval process;
· Responsible for financial expenditures of Bone and Soppeng districts activities and ensure that internal program controls are in place;
· The PO's will assume responsibility for all regional and district level activities, ensuring timely and effective delivery of activities and output based on quality management system as well as strengthening technical cooperation with local constituent and social partners;
· Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly plan and update report as required by program;
· Provide budget plans and ToR of activities that will be conducted in his/her responsible of the district area coordinated with Field Coordinator;
· Build and maintain partnerships with implementing partners, government and other key stakeholders of SCPP Program;
· With minimum supervision, the PO’s will demonstrate a quality of work standards that is an example to other.
Supervision and Reporting
Under the overall direction of the Regional Program Manager and close collaboration with other stakeholders, Program Officer will support Sr. Program Manager and Regional Program Manager in developing and adapting implementation of cocoa farmer training for the component :
· Farming Good Practices and Technology Transfer System;
· Farmer Organization, Market Access and Certification;
· Nutrition and Gender Sensitivity Integration;
· Environtment awareness and training
· Integrated Agribusiness Financing and Co-operative Development;
· Stakeholder Management and Networking Platform
· Provide overall direction and guidance for the implementation of topical activities;
· Provide other technical and strategy advice as requested to the Field Coordinators;
· Support implementation of each topical activity and conduct monitoring based on each topical standard operating procedure and/or guideline);
· Ensure compliance with program’s gender strategy and policies in all of each component activity, planning and development;
· Implement of project assessment and selection of project areas, identification, development and empowerment of farmer group, and internal control system;
· Provide support and direction of district management on the collecting of village data, farmer group, and farmer field school baseline data, Training of Trainers and demo plot data according to program requisition.
· Initiate and facilitate of farmer groups on cocoa marketing and value chain;
· Support Monitoring & Result Measurement responsibilities, in supervising quality data collection process;
· Build and maintain coordination with local government agencies in the district, in coordination with Government Relation Officer;
· Support other project activities according to the SCPP project management direction;
· University degree in agriculture, economic, community development , preferably with post graduate qualification;
· Minimum six years (included two years in management level)
· Previous experience in managing project operation and staff
· Previous work with International NGOs
· Experience in writing narrative and financial report.
· Experience in planning and managing budget.
· Experience in risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
· Knowledge in Cocoa Good Agriculture Practice;
· Understanding opportunities and constraints for sustainable development;
· Good in facilitating training;
· Strong sense of responsibility and control;
· Good interpersonal skills and commitment to work in a team;
· Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet;
· Good presentation skills;
· Proficiency of English, both in written and verbal English.
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 ,