For the Regional Office in Denpasar (Indonesia), we are inviting experienced candidates to apply for the position of:
Communication and Fundraising officer (M/F, fulltime)
ICCO Cooperation is a Dutch organization with 50 years of experience and global presence of five regional offices. The regional office in South East Asia implements programs in Myanmar, Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia and Vietnam. Together with our partners from the public and private sector ICCO works towards a just and dignified life for all, by promoting opportunities for economic empowerment and inclusive development. Responsible and inclusive growth is connected to ICCO’s two core principles: Securing Sustainable Livelihoods and Justice & Dignity for All. Our regional office is based in Denpasar, Indonesia.
The aim of ICCO’s current program is to empower men, women and youth so they can fulfill their economic, social and civil rights. To successfully alleviate poverty, injustice and exclusion we cooperate with civil society stakeholders, public institutions and the private sector. ICCO focuses on empowering rural poor and excluded people by connecting them to inclusive and sustainable value chains, to generate income and to improve their food and nutrition security. We do this with a broad range of value chain actors including CSOs, producer organizations, local small and medium enterprises, international companies and financial institutions. In its economic development programs, ICCO improves productivity, works towards fair prices for smallholders, and lobbies together with partners for a better enabling environment.
Purpose of the job
The communication and fundraising officer is responsible for the promotion of the organization and its projects within the region, with the purpose to generate more visibility and support resource mobilization for the regional office. For this position the C&F officer will be actively involved in 3 programs: EU program on Business & Human Rights in Indonesia, Geodata for Agriculture program in Indonesia and Geodata for Agriculture Vietnam (75% of total hours).
• Is aware of current regional themes and communication methods. Signals and determines chances and possibilities for lobby and promotion of the organization within the region.
• Develops the corporate communication strategy of the organization to a regional communication strategy and integrates it with the annual plan. Proposes and develops communication guidelines, activities and tools to support the regional programs. Tunes the communication strategy with the regional staff.
• Proposes and designs suitable communication material for specific (external funded) programs which include EU program on Business & Human Rights in Indonesia, Geodata for Agriculture program in Indonesia and Geodata for Agriculture Vietnam and other ICCO projects in the region.
• Collects and selects the correct information, adjusts it to the goals and the target group. Coordinates the development, production and publication and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of different communication methods.
• Advises and supports colleagues and partner organizations with the correct implementation of communication instruments, optimized for the goal, target group and the strategy and branding guidelines of the organization.
• Takes initiatives to give advices on communication expressions used within the region, to increase the chance of connecting with regional stakeholders.
• Supports / coordinates / manages proposal development in cooperation with team members and consultants.
• Brings in new resource mobilization opportunities for the ICCO SEA countries.
• Brings in new clients from public and private sector (national and international).
• Manages relationships with financiers from the public and private sector on behalf of ICCO SEA and its partners and maintain strong working relationships to ensure ongoing support.
• Represents ICCO SEA at internal and external networks.
• A commercial, result oriented and pragmatic approach.
• Experience with CSR oriented companies and private sector with a sustainable business model.
• Degree in Marketing and Communication, Fundraising, Grant management on a bachelors level.
• At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in communication, social media and grant writing.
• Excellent work ethic, excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Fluent in both English and Indonesian.
• Dynamic interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
• Proven team player and ability to take decisions independently.
• Knowledge of the regional context and culture and accepted communication methods.
• Knowledge of the global international development cooperation sector.
• Demonstrated experience in proposal development and developing public-private partnerships.
• Experience with institutional donors like EU, DFAT, DFID, USAID and Dutch government agencies.
• Willingness to spend much time in the field and work closely with program target groups.
Terms of Employment
The duration of the C&F officer position is 12 months with possibility for extension for at least 2 more years. The ICCO Regional Office South East Asia Terms & Conditions are applicable. We plan to contract the C&F officer as per 1 October 2016, latest 1 November 2016.
For information about the vacancy you can contact Marcella Boss at mobile phone 081282406517. Please send your motivation letter and CV (up to 4 pages maximum and in English) by e-mail before September September, 10 to Nural.Aeni@icco-cooperation.
shortlisted, you will receive an invitation. A reference check will be part of
ICCO gives an equal-opportunity employment regardless of race, gender, religion, or political affiliations. We invite in particularly people with Indonesian nationality to reply on the job application.