Hivos - GADING Project Term of Reference
Consultant for Small Business Planning Training Module Development
Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Consultant for Small Business Planning Training Module Development
Duty Station : Jakarta based
Report to : Project Manager Green Energy
Coordinates with : Aquaculture/duckweed Expert, Project Officer Green Energy, Gender Expert,
Duration : October–November 2016
Under the ‘Future Calling’ policy Hivos has embarked on a mission to enhance its activities in the field of renewable energy and green food since 2014. One of the new initiatives is to intensify the bioslurry activities under the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme (IDBP, also called BIRU programme) and to develop the production of duckweed production by farmers to enlarge the role of this promising high protein aquatic plant in the food chain for cattle, pigs, poultry and fish. Funds have been obtained from WOTRO and MCA-I to develop this project. Hivos with a selected local consultant are going to conduct preparation on “Small Business Planning Training module” to help GADING beneficiaries set up a small business able to compete in the market.
· To provide business development module in bio-slurry and/or Lemna sp. business to help small business to compete in the market place.
Preparation, consultant bidding
13-20 October 2016
25 Oct-8 November 2016
Nr. Activity/output Period PIC
1 Preparation, consultant bidding 13-20 October 2016 Hivos
2 Module preparation 25 Oct-8 November 2016 Consultant
Clean Ms. Word and PDF module document in Bahasa Indonesia max. 20 pages excluding annexes. Module outline must include, but not limited to:
1. Cover page
2. Foreword, contents provided by Hivos
3. Table of Contents, using “Table of Contents” feature in Ms. Word
4. List of Figure, using “Insert Table of Figures” feature in Ms. Word
5. List of Table, using “Insert Table of Figures” feature in Ms. Word
6. Part 1: small scale business definition: 1-2 pages
- Definition of small scale business
- Example of small scale business in agriculture
7. Part 2: Finding small business idea:3 pages
- How to explore new business idea
- Creating a business plan
8. Part 3: Funding: 3 pages
- How to calculate capital needed
- Funding sources: self- funding, loans
- Access to loans: types of loans and requirements
- Payback: how much money would I need to payback loans
9. Part 4: Market: 3 pages
- Deciding price.
- Identifying market
- How to open a market/approach potential client
10. Part 5: Simple book keeping guidance: 3 pages
- Why you need to do book keeping
- Simple book keeping guidance
11. Part 6: Banking/ cooperative: 3 pages
-Why you need to save money
-How to save money: saving, investment
-How to open a bank account
12. Upscaling business: 3 pages
-.How to register my business
Consultant consist of and individual or a team.
Criteria of local consultant:
- Consultant can be an independent consultant or an institution.
- Consultant is an expert in small scale business, especially in agriculture.
- Minimum educational background of the researcher is bachelor degree.
- Available full time during period of 25 October - 8th November 2016.- Provide CV/company profile, one-page proposal with detail proposed budget, and example of previous small scale business development work no later than 20th October 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc: email@example.com.