CBR Project Officer
Head of Office Caritas Germany for Indonesia
Duration of Initial Contract
A year with possibility of extension
Starting Date :
1st of January 2017
Caritas Germany is the International Department of the German Caritas Association (DCV, Deutscher Caritas Verband) a Catholic relief agency that commits itself worldwide to emergency aid and reconstruction
and develops social services in many countries of the world. Together with a network of 160 national Caritas associations Caritas Germany is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides relief and assistance to those in need independent of religion, ethnicity and political worldview. The DCV was founded in 1897 by German Bishops’ Conference and now it employs more than 500.000 people countrywide and is widely acknowledges as the leading organization in professional social work and related issues.
In Indonesia, Caritas Germany started relief activities in December 2004 immediately after the earthquake and following tsunami in Aceh.
Currently Caritas Germany has an immediate need for CBR Project Officer for Country Office Indonesia in Yogyakarta. The duties and tasks assigned to the Project Officer are focussed on the program and administration support to projects implemented by Caritas Germany’s partner organizations in Caritas Germany areas in Indonesia.
In doing so, the Project Officer will be chiefly in charge of the technical support of the assigned Caritas Germany project partners, in order to ensure the quality of the projects implemented by Caritas Germany’s partner organizations.
Additionally the Project Officer’s work focuses on ensuring project partners’ compliance to the rules and regulations of Caritas Germany, especially those for general administration. With this the Project Officer assumes the responsibility to ensure that the project partners comply with the operational standards of Caritas Germany.
- Minimum 5 (five) years’ experience working on disability issues, disaster risk reduction and other community development program with partnership model in national or international organization; has work experience in East of Nusa Tenggara strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience of project cycle management, project monitoring and evaluation
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in public administration, social science, political science, economics, agriculture, law or related areas; additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage
- A good understanding of disability and emergency response issues and an active interest in the workings of civil society
- Experience of reviewing proposal and report
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral and ability to relate sensitively to diverse groups
- Good report-writing skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office, internet, e-mail etc
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Proven ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Flexibility in working in diverse situations with unpredictable working hours
- Willingness to travel within Indonesia and overseas in support of projects’ implementation
Terms and Conditions
Caritas Germany will offer competitive salary with range IDR 6-8 million per month and benefit as Indonesian Labour Law
Leave entitlement: 20 days annual leave a year in addition to relevant public holidays
Hours: Standard working week is 40 hours in five days Monday to Friday. However the demands of the job are likely to be such that a willingness to work longer hours, as required, will be necessary
In order to apply, please submit (1) cover letter, and (2) your Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English detailing how you meet the selection criteria, labelled with three references (maximum file size 300KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please use subject heading “CBR Project Officer-name of applicant.”
Deadline for application: 31st of October, 2016.
Caritas Germany values equal employment opportunities. People with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only short listed candidates will be contacted.