Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Linking, Learning, and Communication Voice
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia & The Philippine
Report to : Project Manager VOICE
Duration : One year
Voice is a newly established consortium between Oxfam Novib (Netherlands) and Hivos, whereby the funding is made available by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Voice targets the most marginalised and discriminated groups in ten low- and lower-middle income countries in Africa and Asia.
It aims to strengthen the capacity of Civil Society Organisations and representatives of these groups to increase their (political) participation in mainstream development processes. Since the most marginalised and discriminated groups are often hard to reach via regular programming. Voice promotes the use of innovative ideas and strategies, in order to empower these groups and to have their voices heard and respected. The programme has two main components : a grant facility to provide financial support to groups and organisations and a linking and learning programme that will nurture learning and innovation across countries and groups.
• Linking and Learning between and among grantees and other programmes within Hivos or Oxfam.
• Inclusive and participatory practices.
Roles and responsibilities
1. Support the Voice Programme Officer in the assessment and analyses of capacity development needs of grantees (baseline and ongoing);
2. Facilitate contracting and post contract grant management of linking and learning and capacity development providers;
3. Facilitate documentation and communication of lessons learnt and best practices of capacity development support and influencing;
4. Mapping of knowledge gaps among the target group(s) and grantees (baseline and ongoing);
5. Develop a common national approach of linking and learning together with key stakeholders and align the Monitoring & Evaluation framework;
6. Implementing Linking & Learning and innovative interventions (e.g. organise learning events, facilitate constitution of Communities of Practice, support realisation of innovation labs at country level;
7. Supports the analyses, validation and aggregation of learning;
8. Lessons learnt shared in relevant fora;
9. Promotes and oversees the use of Linking and Learning infrastructure for sharing lessons learnt;
10. Managing the Linking and Learning component effectively.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
• Experience in designing and facilitating linking and learning activities;
• Knowledge of and being able to apply linking and learning methodologies;
• Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion, marginalisation, influencing, and capacity development;
• Background in education, social sciences or other relevant sector;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Organisational facilitation and coordinating skills;
• Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritise;
• The ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a multicultural environment;
• Ability to document, share and profile lessons learnt;
• Excellent written and verbal English.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 7 November 2016.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘LLC VOICE’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/