TERM OF REFERENCE
Report to : Operations Officer
Term of Assignment : Internship Programme
In order to implement several key objectives, ASEAN established various working group to cater variety of development issues in many areas and one of them is ASEAN Insurance Council (AIC). AIC was first initiated during ASEAN Meeting in Jakarta in 1978 and the initiative was formally approved in 1983 in which AIC officially acquired its formal status.
AIC is envisioned to be the main regional platform for insurance leaders, professionals and practitioners to network and share their knowledge and expertise in various areas of insurance business and to position AIC to be a strong, prestigious, well organized organization to facilitate the cooperation and collaboration for the sustainable development of insurance industry on the post-2016 ASEAN Economic Community.
To achieve those objectives this year, AIC needs high caliber young dynamic person and have a great passionate to the development works to join an Internship Programme with AIC to fill a position as Administration Internship who will provide valuable roles to support the Secretariat Office and the Operation Officer by contributing the overall 2016 AIC ambitious activities by assisting in Finance & Administrative related matters for the Secretariat.Learning Opportunities for the Intern:
· General understanding of the Secretariat works, the role of the Secretariat in supporting the objectives and missions of the Council
· Insight and hands-on experience in facilitating and promoting the development of insurance industry in the Region
· Insight and hands-on experience in organising complex projects/ events/ activities from planning to close-out phase.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with the Operations Officer to develop the strategy and deliver the assignments given to contribute significantly to the organisational development and activities.
· Assist with the integrated Financial & Administrative plans for events
· Assist the team for the Events from the planning up to close-out phase
· Perform high level of Financial & Administrative supports in handling the Activities
· Support the Team and perform other duties as assigned
· Completed undergraduate degree or student at the last semester (finishing study)
· Degree or Field of Study in Management and Communication are preferable
· Written and spoken proficiency in English is a must
· Previous experience in: (i) Finance & Administrative; (ii) research abilities and interest; (iii) partnership building, would be an advantage
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Internet proficiency as well as in MS Office is required
· Enthusiastic on the organisational development and work
This Internship Programme operates on a non-remunerative basis, AIC will only cover a reasonable basic transport stipend during the Programme based on our scheme. The Internship is a flexible working hours, at least 25 working hours per week.
If this sounds very challenging and well-suited to your passionate to gain more hands-on experiences, please drop us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than 10 October 2016. Please indicate the position title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries.