ISEAN Finance Officer (FO) under the “Strengthening community systems to reduce vulnerability to and impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia”.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly implemented the ISEAN Hivos Program supported by Global Fund Round 10. This program has the main goal of reducing the risks, vulnerability and impact of HIV and AIDS on the lives of MSM and transgender people in Island Southeast Asian Nations. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste. Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant under the ISEAN-Hivos Program Global Fund Round 10 anticipates its extension period of implementation from October, 2016 to December, 2017.
In this regard, ISEAN is seeking applications for ISEAN Finance Officer (FO) that will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
As the ISEAN Finance Officer (FO), you will be working under the direct supervision of the ISEAN Executive Director (ED) and in close collaboration with the ISEAN Regional Board members, other secretariat staff and partners. You will be responsible for following activities:
1. Provide advice to ED on budgetary and financial matters;
2. Ensure the implementation of the agreed financial systems and procedures, including documenting all financial transactions and maintaining all financial documents: contracts, regulations, financial correspondence, bank bookkeeping documents and supporting documents for fund expenditures in chronological order and in a secure manner;
3. Work with the ED and the other program managers/officers to arrange a schedule for coordination visits to partner organizations;
4. Work with the ED and the other program managers/officers to prepare a schedule for field supervision visits by the ISEAN to the National Networks and other implementing partners, where applicable, to monitor program progress, coverage and quality of data and other issues;
5. Provide feedback and recommendations for the SSRs and other implementing partners and follow up their implementation;
6. Prepare and develop financial reports at the SR level and consolidate with the reports from any implementing partners;
7. Verify the accuracy and integrity of the financial reports at the SR level, including clarifying that all expenditures from various fund sources have been executed transparently and accountably in accordance with the prevailing regulations and in line with the program objectives;
8. Consolidate fund requests from the SR and submit them to the PR based on the stipulated procedures;
9. Ensure the availability of funds at the SR level;
10. Conduct variance analysis and communicate the results to PR;
11. Ensure full cooperation with the annual external audit of the SR and any internal audit of the SR by the PR.
· An Indonesian national or permanent resident.
· Education: A formal diploma or university degree in any related fields, preferably in finance, accountancy, development studies or management studies, or equivalent competency would be considered helpful.
· Up-to-date with finance and tax regulations of Indonesia.
· Language: Demonstrated high proficiency in English reading, writing and speaking ability. Native speaker of a ISEAN language is compulsory (Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Filipino, Tetum, Chinese or Tamil)
· Experience: Relevant professional or personal experience in accounting and finance. Familiarity with Global Fund processes and procedures an advantage.
· Skills: Know and masters any accounting software. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. High level of community connectivity (understand the dynamic of communities of MSM and transgender people).
· Self-motivated, outgoing personality and a passion for communities of MSM and transgender people.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (Title: ISEAN FO) accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications and working experience, before 23.10.2016 to: