EoI Number: IHP2016-005
ISEAN Knowledge Management and Communication Officer (KMCO) under the “Strengthening community systems to reduce vulnerability to and impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia”.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly implemented the ISEAN Hivos Program supported by Global Fund Round 10. This program has the main goal of reducing the risks, vulnerability and impact of HIV and AIDS on the lives of MSM and transgender people in Island Southeast Asian Nations. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste. Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant under the ISEAN-Hivos Program Global Fund Round 10 anticipates its extension period of implementation from October, 2016 to December, 2017.
In this regard, ISEAN is seeking applications for ISEAN Knowledge Management & Communication Officer (KMCO) who will be based in Jakarta Indonesia or work remotely and report to the network’s office in Jakarta, Indonesia.
As the ISEAN Knowledge Management & Communication Officer (KMCO), you will be working under the direct supervision of the ISEAN Executive Director (ED) and in close collaboration with the ISEAN Regional Board members, other secretariat staff and partners. You will be responsible for following activities:
1. Lead the formulation and implementation of ISEAN’s strategies for knowledge management and communication, and will design tools, processes, and practices for knowledge sharing and regional and global networking;
2. Contribute to the development, implementation and documentation of work plans, budgets and achievement of organizational performance targets;
3. Organize and maintain ISEAN’s knowledge resources, including but not limited to publications, e-library, website, social media platforms and internal communications infrastructure;
4. Carry out desk research, field visits and participate in program monitoring and evaluations in line with work plans;
5. Provide knowledge management and communications support in organizing regional and national coordination meetings, including liaising with participants on events, meeting, training and workshops;
6. Contribute to documenting and disseminating project-related best practices and lessons learnt;
7. Facilitate the sharing of knowledge among ISEAN staff, network members and other stakeholders;
8. Improve and implement collaborative processes and tools for pooling and consolidating internal knowledge; promote innovative approaches in sharing knowledge and best practices;
9. Provide support for the establishment and nurturing of communities of practice through such means as web platforms, workshops, and guidance monitor and evaluate the impact of ISEAN’s knowledge sharing activities, including through external benchmarking;
10. Create and maintain internal systems, including contact lists, diaries of upcoming events and opportunities and other databases in collaboration with other ISEAN staff; and
11. Assist in other tasks of the ISEAN, as required.
• A citizen or permanent resident of one of the ISEAN countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines or Timor Leste.
• Education: A formal diploma or university degree, or similar competency, in communications, media, linguistics, information technology, development studies or English studies would be considered helpful. Sound knowledge about sexual health and HIV preferred.
• Language: Excellent English writing and reading skills are essential, with high-level of proficiency in spoken English. Native speaker of an ISEAN language is preferred (Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Filipino, Tatum, Chinese or Tamil)
• Experience: Demonstrated professional experience in media, communications and internet sectors. Demonstrated experience working as part of a remote team.
• Skills: High level of community connectivity (understand the dynamic of communities of MSM and transgender people). Able to use website management and graphic tools. High-level of capability in using online technologies and social media (including website, Facebook, Twitter etc.) in a professional context. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, outgoing personality and a passion for communities of MSM and transgender people.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (Title: ISEAN KMCO) accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications and working experience, before 23.10.2016 to: