Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Place of work:
The Disaster Management Innovation section of Australian Government and Indonesian Disaster Management Agency have collaborate on data and response preparedness programme in Indonesia. In order to support the programme, a team of GIS training officers is required. This team will be trained to become a part of a growing community of OSM experts in Indonesia that can help governments and other organizations to use OSM, QGIS, and InaSAFE in disaster management and other potential uses. The training team will travels to places throughout Indonesia to deliver the training.
* The junior training officer will train participants and prepare the workshop.
* During times when workshops are not ongoing, the training officer will diligently learn new materials, develop additional training materials, assist previous workshop participants, translate materials, and deliver other duties as assigned by HOT.
* Create report for every event that has been accomplished.
* Support disaster manager, local government, or community for remote mapping project.
* Experience in GIS and mapping especially using OpenStreetMap (OSM).
* Undergraduate degree with focus in GIS or Geography.
* Fluent in Indonesian and English, both oral and written.
* Experience in public speaking or deliver training in class.
* 3 years experience in using GIS software (before and after graduated from university)
* Experience using QGIS, OSM, or InaSAFE is highly desired.
* Experience in disaster management, open data, or open source is highly desired.
* Having OSM account is preferable.
* Having knowledge in programming (Python, Java, or other programming language) are preferable.
These positions will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply for this position.
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter and CV to email@example.com with email subject: GIS_Junior_Training_Officer. If you have an OSM account, please mention it in cover letter. Please apply by 12 October 2016.