Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
: Finance Assistant TERANG-SII
Duty Station : Jakarta based
Report to : Grant Finance Manager
Coordinates with : Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Finance Officer and Field Team in Sumba office.
: One year with possibility of extension
Roles and responsibilities
· Manage petty cash fund and its administration to ensure smooth daily office operations including the report and replenishment.
· Checking the accuracy of the supporting documents for cash income and disbursement before input into Osiris.
· Manage financial/budget performance monitoring (expenses and balances) of TERANG project based on activities conducted in Jakarta and Sumba and supply monthly update to Project Manager
· Write cheque or bank transfer requests for payment to be approved by Finance Controller and or Director.
· Deposit all cash received to SEA bank account.
· Check the accuracy of advance request and liquidation report from staff and ensure the completeness of supporting documents for approval.
· Manage taxation administration.
· Filing all financial documents as Standard Operations Guideline.
· Payment completions and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements including project financial transactions.
· Process banking administration such as: prepare documents, check signature, opening and closing of account, response to any query from Bank; upon approval from Finance Controller.
· Input project financial transactions into donor accounting system.
· Ensure completeness of project team timesheet as per donor’s regulation.
· Coordinate with tax consultant to ensure calculation, payment and supporting documents are correct, as well as communication with tax office.
· Coordinate with Operations Manager to ensure the accuracy of rental asset listing once a year.
· Prepare financial supporting documents of some projects regularly in coordination with project team for smaller scale.
· Support project audit by preparing documents and provide feedback to any question related to audit.
· Ensure compliance of payment process by: checking all regular supporting documents and approval, inputting into Osiris for Finance Controller’s approval, preparing cheque and transfer slip, filing documents.
· Process deposit by: checking the resource of money and preparing supporting documents, inputting into Osiris for Finance Controller’s approval, preparing deposit slip, going to Bank and filing documents.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned by Finance Controller and Grant Finance Manager.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
Relevant education level of working and thinking.
Relevant work experience: minimum 3 years.
Expertise in accounting and finance
Work experience in international environment.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Grade: 4 from 1-12 Hivos’s Salary Grade.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com not later than October 16th , 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (“FA TERANG-SII) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/