The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
URBAN WATER SPECIALIST based in Makassar Regional Office (JOB CODE : UWS-MKS)
Task and Responsibility:
· Undertake regular technical assessments in the area of urban water supply service delivery for the target locations to identify existing conditions, main issues, potential demand, possible conflict with other programs and commitment from key Local stakeholders.
· Build consensus with local stakeholders for priorities on program activities.
· Responsible for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Urban Water Supply IUWASH PLUS program in the respective region.
· Identify and support programs to increase water supply access for poor neighborhoods.
· Track progress against performance indicators and contribute to the preparation of regional work plans and progress reports.
· Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree.
· 5 to 10 years of experience supporting increased access to improve piped water services through the strengthening of local water service providers, especially PDAM
· Experiences to support PDAM to improve PDAM performance, such as to prepare PDAM programs, to prepare Business Plan, prepare feasibility, evaluation existing and prepare detailed design of production unit and pipe distribution network, prepare activities to improve PDAM operation activities such as reduction of Non Revenue Water, Prepare Standard Operation Procedure, conduct customer survey/real demand survey, meter reading etc.
· Experience building relations with external stakeholders.
· Experience with USAID or other Donor Programs will be an advantage
Expected Start Date : Available immediately
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASHPlus.recruitment@gmail.
com before October 3,
2016. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are
unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted
candidates will be notified.