Chemonics International Inc. USAID BIJAK Project (Bangun Indonesia untuk Jaga Alam demi Keberlanjutan)
Chemonics International seeks applications for an Environmental Enterprise Development Associate with experience performing forestry/land-based business engagement.
Position: Environmental Enterprise Development Associate (Code: COMP3-Associate)
Report to: Environmental Enterprise Development Specialist
Applications due by: November 7, 2016
Date of Hire: As soon as possible
Type: Fixed-term employment
Period: 2 years (with possible extension)
USAID’s BIJAK (Bangun Indonesia untuk Jaga Alam demi Keberlanjutan) is a Jakarta-based, five-year project implemented by Chemonics International in collaboration with Kemitraan and Wildlife Conservation Society. The overarching objective of USAID’s BIJAK project is to address the constellation of market forces, financial incentives, policy levers, social norms and values driving deforestation and biodiversity loss in order to promote enduring changes in individual and organizational behavior which reduce greenhouse gas emissions and conserve valuable marine and terrestrial biodiversity. To realize this objective, BIJAK will work through national instruments and systems to impact the following:
· Number of national level laws, policies, regulations, decrees, procedures, or fiscal and budgetary practices developed, revised, adopted and/or applied in order to reduce GHG emissions, reduce wildlife trafficking, and conserve valuable terrestrial and marine biodiversity with support from BIJAK.
· Improved capacity and willingness of Indonesian institutions and organizations to address biodiversity conservation, especially wildlife trafficking, and climate change.
· Number of businesses engaged in extensive land-use practices, especially palm oil, developing green business practices and sharing them widely with others in their industry.
· Amount of investment leveraged in USD from private and public sources for biodiversity conservation and/or climate change.
· Public opinion and behaviors changed as a result of advocacy campaigns developed and implemented to support targeted terrestrial and marine biodiversity conservation and low carbon development issues.
· Model(s) for successful low emissions development and forest conservation developed and shared at all levels of government and with other key stakeholders.
- Assisting Component 3 Specialist in developing project activities plan for the Component.
- Contributing to project efforts to develop M&E plan and Communication Plan.
- Assisting Component 3 Specialist in managing project activities, ensuring all plan well executed.
- Running the component activities implementation and achievement record that is accessible both for verification purpose and for project reporting purposes.
- Drafting of Component 3 quarterly report, annual report, and occasional reports as needed.
- Assisting Component 3 Specialist in reaching out various stakeholders to look for new and emerging opportunities for the development of environmental enterprise and sustainable business practices.
- As appropriate, coordinating with the project’s communication team to support partners’ communication and outreach plan; including developing stories and messages to be framed into communication materials.
- Providing input to foster synergies, cross-learning, and collaboration across the BIJAK components.
· Contributing to the team general performance through proposing, attending and actively engage in regular and occasional meetings, conversation and knowledge sharing.
· Advanced degree in forestry, natural resources and economic of environment or a related field.
· Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in strengthening and supporting small-medium-big enterprises linked to low carbon and conservation oriented business practices.
· Demonstrated commitment to environmental values.
· Experience working with the private sector, NGO’s, host country government institutions, and local associations.
· Proven experience in administering project management and implementation.
· Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia; excellent written and oral communications in English.
· Ability to join full-time as soon as possible is highly preferred.
InstructionsIf you are interested and qualified for the Environmental Enterprise Development Associate position on BIJAK, please send your latest CV and cover letter to BIJAKRecruitment@bijak-