CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat
The Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries, and Food Security (CTI-CFF) is a multilateral partnership of six countries working together to sustain extraordinary marine and coastal resources by addressing crucial issues such as food security, climate change and marine biodiversity. The CTI-CFF is managed through a Regional Secretariat based in Manado, Indonesia.
The CTI–CFF Regional Secretariat is mandated to promote regional cooperation, sharing of lessons, and facilitate learning across the six Coral Triangle countries - Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. The Regional Secretariat also coordinates and monitors the progress in achieving the CTI–CFF Regional Plan Of Action goals. Its main activities cover the following areas: organizational development, outreach and communication, regional coordination and mechanisms, technical and thematic working groups, development of key regional reports, and capacity development.
Therefore, considering the implementation of legally binding measures to help strengthen the operations and implementation of the CTI-CFF goals and targets, the CTI-CFF is seeking for experienced individual for the following position as Legal and Monitoring Support Specialist. This position will serve as an integral member of the management team that will play a lead role in the design and technical implementation of Secretariat activities.
- The Applicant shall facilitate and be responsible for providing legal advice and services in regard of CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat and ensure any other documents including but not limited to agreements, letters, regulations and documentations are legally binding to comply with host country’s regulations as well as applied in international best practices.
- The Applicant will also undertake work with the Regional Secretariat of CTI-CFF to participate and provide support in monitoring of the ongoing projects / programs within CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat.
The Applicant must perform the activities to his/her best professional ability and comply with international best-practices. The Applicant is mainly responsible to:
- Prepare and provide any legal documentation in relation with internal and/or external parties including but not limited to agreement, letters, decree, and MoU in full subject-matters;
- Engaging with the government institutions and partners in coordinating, facilitating, and convening regular meeting to follow up regarding the relevant legally binding matters such as MOU and Host Country Agreement;
- Provide legal advice or opinions including but not limited to the letters, agreements, MOU, and publication materials as required by Executive Director or Regional Secretariat in general;
- Prepare, maintain and organize knowledge products and other collateral materials in legal matters which are used for the regional exchanges, and Senior Officials’ Meeting / Ministerial Meeting;
- Participate in such meetings and activities related to the law which regarding to the work plan of CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat or as may be reasonably requested;
- Managing the production and dissemination of legally binding materials (e.g., publications, factsheets, videos, photos, etc.) to update the CTI-CFF, and Executive Director in particularly;
- Perform special assignments which consigned by Executive Director of CTI–CFF including but not limited to correspondence, planning, meetings, conference calls, internal and external communication, documentation and report;
- Participate and provide support in monitoring ongoing projects on CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat through consolidate regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations;
- Organize and maintain the monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way;
- Provide support as may be required by the Regional Secretariat i.e. preparation of reports, presentation materials, decision documents and the like.
- The expected outcome is to ensure that any kind of activities and the resulting products which related to CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Facilitate the implementation of data recollection in accordance with monitoring ongoing activities or projects of CTI-CFF Regional Secretariat.
- Ensure the document filing system is organized, safe and accessible way.
Coordination and Reporting
The Legal and Monitoring Support Specialist of CTI–CFF Regional Secretariat will report directly to the Finance and Administration Senior Manager of CTI–CFF Regional Secretariat in the daily implementation and completion of the services and deliverables outlined in TOR.
- Nationality of the Applicant is Indonesia;
- University degree in Legal especially in International Law and Public Policy;
- At least 5 years of experience in delivering
legal advice and services implemented by
- Extensive knowledge and understanding in full legal subject-matters including but not limited to letters, agreements, MoU, rules and regulations;
- Demonstrate an understanding on marine, fisheries, and coral environment or other relevant issues is a plus;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent in communication skill in Bahasa and English (with spoken and written);
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with people in multidisciplinary teams and institutions;
- Good in personal organization, planning and priority setting;
- Excellent in facilitation and presentation skills;
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment;
- Assignment location in Manado.
Period of Performance
- The period of performance will be annual basis with possibility to be extended, and commences on the appointment date;
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualification jobs.
Submission of Application
- Application letter and
updated CV should be sent to regional.secretariat@
cticff.org with the “subject” column of the emails in this format “< LMSS > - < Your Name >”;
- Closing date for application is 16 October 2016;
- Please note that only selected candidate will be contacted.