The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Indonesia has played an important role in various international stages. As an active member of the G20, the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation (GPEDC) and the High-Level Panel on the Global Development Framework beyond 2015, the country has taken responsibility in shaping global policies. Considering that Germany and Indonesia have engaged in global and also have a long standing partnership in development areas, both countries shall continue to join forces to achieve their shared interests. The network of global development partners is one vehicle where responsibilities and knowledge can be shared between the relevant partners.
In this regard, Indonesia has a long tradition of South-South and Triangular Cooperation. The National Medium-Term Development Plan (RPJMN) 2015-2019 mandated the enhance Indonesia’s role in the South-South and Triangular Cooperation (SSTC) by consolidating the regulatory frameworks, and institutional framework, including coordination among the related institutions. Indonesia is currently working on the process to reform the governmental structures and procedures of SSTC.
To further improve the coordination and also to develop binding standards for the related institutions in implementing their programs in SSTC, a National Coordination Team (NCT) has been established. This team comprises the Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas (Kementerian Perencanaan Pembangunan Nasional/BAPPENAS), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Kementerian Luar Negeri), the Ministry of Finance (Kementerian Keuangan) and the Ministry of State Secretariat (Kementerian Sekretariat Negara).
Indonesia is actively involved in the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation (GPEDC) as well as in the formulation of new global development goals (post-2015). It is furthermore within the framework of the G20 that the Indonesian government has placed topics that are relevant for the country. Within the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Indonesia is recognized as a leading force. The country is to become active as a donor in less developed countries.
We seek a qualified Indonesian candidate as a:
- manages an area of responsibility that forms part of the project objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior in the area of SSTC and NGG;
- assists project initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups in the area of SSTC and NGG;
- supports the partner to develop a concept in the area of SSTC and NGG;
- innovation and knowledge management;
- implements daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project;
- process technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards;
- maintain of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Ensures that the project office runs smoothly.
1. Advising the partner institution(s)
· assists the planning, development and monitors the implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with project partners and/or implementing agencies in Indonesia, Myanmar and if necessary other countries;
· contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint project activities on national and international level, including Myanmar;
· deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity;
· develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives;
2. Networking and cooperation
· supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, relevant national and international organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/ environment and with other projects in Indonesia, Myanmar and other countries to improve and maintain good working relationships;
· communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/programme;
· develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders;
· provides technical assistance to local, regional and international experts and related stakeholders;
· ensures knowledge management: collects processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
3. Knowledge management
· ensures knowledge transfer to project information;
· documenting the entire process in the project to become knowledge product;
· develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
· draws up reports and presentation documents;
· prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office;
4. Coordination tasks
· assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation in close consultation with project partners and/or implementing agencies in Indonesia, Myanmar and if necessary other countries;
· coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects;
· compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
· handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting).
5. Other duties/additional tasks
· Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
· Masters/MSc/MA in International Development Studies or Public Policy or area that is related to the project objectives;
· At least five (5) years professional experience working in/with and/or providing technical assistance to governmental and/or international organizations;
· At least three (3) years professional experience on developing monitoring and evaluation systems and familiar with Indonesia Development Cooperation;
· Previous professional experience abroad, including Europe, US and/or Asia is an asset;
· Previous experience in providing on training an asset;
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to liaise and communicate effectively with governments;
· Solid knowledge of German Technical Assistance is an asset;
· very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
· Excellent written and oral knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and English;
· working knowledge of German is an asset;
· willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management;
· strong managerial and organisational competence;
· willingness to travel (abroad) regularly;
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 8 January 2017.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SSTC NGG – National Advisor
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]